• nakanozzi
    nakanozzi

I hear a number of disfellowshiped are quickly reinstated in a

certain circuit in Japan.

One disfellowshipped person who are obviously in worldly

clothings, attended a meeting.

Whole congregation thought that person was

not yet sincerely repented,

But, announcement was made that the person was reinstated.

Branch office and circuit overseers are eager to bring

disfellowshiped back to the organization.

Local elders are not very pleased about it.

• Israel Ricky Gonzales
    Israel Ricky Gonzales
    When I was disfellowshipped for the second time, it took 2 years and 5 letters requesting reinstatement for me to finally get reinstated. Had I been denied for the 5th time, I was ready to give up forever. This was back in 2003. Looking back, I wish I had that 5 rejection.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

When I was disfellowshipped for the second time, it took 2 years and 5 letters requesting reinstatement for me to finally get reinstated.

Wow IRG- I think some of those elders don't like you or are jealous of you for some reason.

• Londo111
    Londo111

In general, it takes a year.

If this is true in Japan, it might be because of the decline the organization has seen in that nation.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

LONDO: In general, it takes a year.

And, I would add that the "one year rule" only applies if someone on the JC or the BOE does not have a grudge against you. If they don't like you, or are at least apathetic about whether you're back "in", add 6 months to 1 year to that.

Doc

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I wonder if this is now becoming more common elsewhere, or not ?

The "one year" thing is based on a typical WT/JW mis-reading of Corinthians, not understanding that the guy spoken of in 1 Cor is not the same guy Paul is talking about in 2 Cor. Anyway, why should this case, if it were the same guy, dictate how cases are handled inthe 21st Century, each case should surely be treated individually. (Not that I agree with the DFing thing hardly at all).

I think they do not want people out on a limb for too long, they have probably learned that being out for awhile many never return, and it's real hard to make a convert to replace the lost contributions, far easier to pick the low hanging fruit and get 'em back in quick.

If they want to use Corinthians as a basis for doing this, then six months or so could be argued for, many leading scholars think that 1 Cor. was written in the Spring of 55 CE and 2Cor. in the Fall of 55 CE.

• tiki
    tiki
    Maybe it's a numbers thing...got to count those noses...
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Personally, I suspect that they just don't want DFed people to come back.
  • sir82
    sir82

Branch office and circuit overseers are eager to bring

disfellowshiped back to the organization.

Local elders are not very pleased about it.

Wait, that doesn't make sense.

Disfellowshipped people are resinstated by the local elders, not the COs and/or branch.

How can local elders be upset by decisions made by....themselves?

• Gayle
    Gayle

maybe Japan more desperate,,decreasing for years,, desperately need ministerial servants, elders, etc.

Of course, if "worldly clothings" - & tight pants, then he's still going to be in trouble.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit