A small victory or more??

by JG 24 Replies latest jw friends

• JG
    JG

Thanks Everybody,
    It is so sudden and unexpected. Just out of the blue she said it. I don't know we will have to see how it works out. I have ups and downs I don't know what to think. I sure hope it the beginning of an exit.

Lots a love Sean

• JG
    JG

Hey I just had a question,
    Could she get in trouble ie. Judicial committee if she tells her study chick that she's celebrating the holidays with me. I don't wish it on her but I think she will tell her and I'm wondering what possible repercussions there are. She is by the way a baptised JW who was inactive and has been getting back into it over the last year.
    Sean

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Hi JG,

Here is what the Secret Elders' Rule Book says about celebrating Holidays:

Pages 93 and 94:

(The following things are listed as sins which merit Disfellowshipping or Reproof)

Apostasy:

Apostasy is a standing away from, a falling away, defection, rebellion, abandonment; it involves teaching false doctrines, supporting or promoting false religion and its holidays or interfaith activities. (Deut. 13:13, 15; Josh. 22:22, ftn.; Acts 21:21, ftn.; 2 Cor. 6:14, 15, 17, 18; 2. John 7, 9, 10; Rev. 18:4)

Those with sincere doubts should be helped, dealt with mercifully. (Jude 22, 23; Watchtower September 1st 1982 Issue, Pages 20-21; Watchtower August 1st 1980 Issue, Pages 21-22)

Apostasy includes action taken against true worship of Jehovah or his established order among his dedicated people. (Jer. 17:13; 23:15; 28:15, 16; 2 Thess. 2:9, 10)

Persons who deliberately spread (stubbornly hold to and speak about) teachings contrary to Bible truth as taught by Jehovah's Witnesses are apostates.

If it is learned that a person has taken up association with another religious organization, the matter should be investigated, and if verified, a committee should be formed.

If it is clearly established that the person has joined another religion and intends to remain with it, the elders would make a brief announcement to the congregation that such-one has disassociated himself. (Watchtower October 15th 1986 Issue, Page 31)

Working secularly for a false religious organization could put one in a position similar to that of one preaching false doctrine. (2 Cor. 6:14-16)

Celebrating a false religious holiday would be similar to performing any other act of false worship. (Jer. 7:16-19)

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

She may do the in and out thing for awhile...the what ifs, the oh no's, the fear, the guilt they serve on us all...so hang in there with her.

• JG
    JG

Okay heres the update,
    She and I talked this afternoon and she said that she believes someof what the JW's teach but that she thinks they are wrong on some things. Kinda vague but what do you expect she's a JW. She wants to look at other religions so that we can worship as a family. Hooray!!!!!! So anyway we discussed DFing and DAing and she didn't realize the changes from the last 6 weeks could effect her so much. She said that she would be DF'd over shunning da'd family members because she would never shun her mom and sis. We had a great discussion and I think she is really going toget out. Her biggest worry is telling the lady she is studying with that she wants out. I told her to take it easy and be carefull of what she says. She doesn't need to go through a JC and DF proceedings. I think she should just tell her she is going to take a step back and work through family problems and leave it open like she will resume studying later. What do you think she should tell her is there any good way to get out of the study without geting grilled and possibly DF'd.
    Your input would be appreciated.

Sean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit