A small victory or more??

by JG 24 Replies latest jw friends

• JG
    JG

Last night my wife told me that she would be celebrating the holidays with me and the kids. She said I'm a good husband and I deserve it. She also said maybe we should look at other religions together. (I'm Catholic and she's JW) I said sure I'd be happy too, I said I would 10 mos ago. But she said she doesn't know whether we could find anything because 95% of the religions believe in the trinity. I think the problem is actually the Diety of Christ. what do you think

ALL I CAN SAY I YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

How wonderful! Sounds like you exercised quiet patience and she came to this in her onw time!

Congradulations!

• Valis
    Valis

JG...does that mean she will now submit to "unclean" sex acts with no guilt or remorse? *LOL* Just kidding...that's very good for your whole family.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• JG
    JG

I'm soo happy, but I worry it'll all be taken back. I don't know though because she told me this just hours after her weekly indoctrination errrr weekly bible study. I don't know whats going on in her mind. she wont let on what brought it about, if she has any doubts she will keep it to herself. She is strong willed and wouldn't like me to think I "won". I don't think I have won a argument in 12 years. She hasn't been pushing to go to meeting the last month or two, Hey I have no Idea.

Yea for me,
    thanks Kelsey

• Simon
    Simon

Congratulations JG!

Sounds like she's "seen the light"

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

Watchtower

1 by 1

• Been there
    Been there

JG,

I've got a warm fuzzy feeling about this.

Don't question, just enjoy. Something is working on her and that's a good thing. Maybe you could both research the trinity together, see what you come up with, together. See where the chips fall. Do some checking and find a few churchs for HER to pick from. Help, but don't push. If she is stubborn she needs to think she is doing it. I'm so happy for you. Good Luck!

Edited by - Been There on 2 October 2002 17:32:53

• JG
    JG

Mr Overbeer,
    Beer over here!! Hehehhe she never knew about "Unclean sex acts" and the Lord knows I wasn't gonna tell her..
    Sean

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Small victory=big step by your wife.

Hey I can only imagine the relief and joy this must have brought you. Like others here said, take it slow and easy. Let her see and find on her own,as much as you can, the false teachings of wbts.

I find things are more accepted by others if I ask questions that lead up to my having the opportunity to present some example of the wbts shortcomings and false prophecies etc.

Hey here's wishing you and your family many happy holidays together.

Outoftheorg

• JG
    JG

So you all think this is something bigger, not just wanting the holidays. I hope so!

Sean
    I'm doing the happy dance happy dance
    Woooo hoooo hehe ha ha ho ho happy dance
    yea!!

Sorry If I sound a little mentally challenged but

I'm doing the happy dance happy dance
    Woooo hoooo hehe ha ha ho ho happy dance

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit