one WT book I bet no ones got...and i've got it!!!

by TheApostleAK 14 Replies latest jw friends

• jeannie
    jeannie

Hey do I get to sign the book since I know Jim P. personally?? Well I know him but not in a personal way..he visited our hall many times..I liked him...then!

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

This is NOT one of the "ordinary" books. There must be 50-60 Witnesses, mostly Germans, who have written and published books about their experiences during WWII, and in addition to that you have the scholars' books (Garbe, Hesse etc.). Added to that are the books and brochures issued by branch offices like the German and Austrian on the exhibitions and WWII in general, the Belgian branch has issued a brochure called The Bible And The Name, the French has one called Louvre - The Bible In Stone, and the various branches have brochures called JW In Greece, JW In germany, JW In Austria etc. (poking nose - have them all!!!!!), and also you have the brochures on Child Custody, single events, etc., etc. A whole range of them. And Pellechia's is one in this range. The Index 1986-2000 lists a whole lot of them.

OK?

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

ahhhh....Jim Pellechia-one of my all time favorite CO's from my teen years. He was really a good guy. Now I believe he is in public relations @ headquarters.

Boozy

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Sorry to disagree with you, old Farkel friend ( a new mail from me is on its way to you!), but I find the WWII and related stuff way more interesting than Vindication I - II - III. I collect them, but reading them easily gets a bit too ...... far off, man, far off.

• queer_reality
    queer_reality
    go to those defeated for the real story because they have nothing to hide.

I think that those who were defeated may twist things to their own ends.
    They may wish to say that the only reason that they lost was because the other side cheated. They may accuse the victors of various war crimes, esp while claiming to have fought honorably themselves.

I'm sure there are many things that both the winners and the losers would not be willing to admit to having done.

But I also think that if one wants to try to sift out what actually happened, researching all sides of the story is absolutely necessary.

queereality

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit