Prostituting herself for the "truth"

by LovesDubs 16 Replies latest jw friends

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Well...she did it. My mother in law went back into the maw after disassociating herself in 99. Her elder husband had left her, and her kids and her grandkids wouldnt speak to her and it got to be too much. I heard yesterday that she went back and he is moving back in. And this just after she was here in June saying how she didnt believe in any of it, but tried to "force herself" and "convince herself" it was the "trooth" last spring so that her husband would come back, then came to her senses. She sat on my bed looking at pictures of my JW wedding, my JW shower, my JW picnics..and just balled at all the friends she has lost. It was too much for her.

She has sold out. Im the only one she will now shun. They will make her suffer for a year, sitting in the back, attending those meetings, being treated like shit. And she is willing to go through that humiliation to get her family back. Fuck them for doing this to her. Ironically, Im the only one who was always there for her when they all cast her out and now Im the sacrifice once again. And she didnt even have the balls to tell me herself she was doing this. I had to find out after everybody else did. I knew it tho...she wasnt returning my calls, my emails, my IMs...just silence for the last four months. I knew, I felt it. And now...I know. I pity her. Her conscience will be forever torn. But my children have once again lost their grandmother. We cant go to her home now, she cant come here. The children cant see their Aunt, Uncle and four cousins who are JWs because of me being shunned, and now the family is divided further. We were going to go to see grandma next summer, but now Im not welcome there, and I will be damned if I will split up the family because they have no tolerance or love for anyone but themselves. Fuck em all.

With the JWs in your life...there is no "moving on" ...not ever.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Hi Loves,

I know this must be killing you, but try to hang in there. She may start going back to try to get back in, but once you know the truth about the truth, it's very hard. She may realize that what she will have to give up is not worth what she is going to gain.

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Reminds me of a cousin of mine who had been df'd for years. As a servant in the congregation I sought him out and drug him back to the KH- (Evil of me huh?) He got re-instated. Now I am the one out LOL. And he shuns me..... poetic justice for dragging his ass back in I guess.

What makes it sad for me is that most all my family is now dead and I do miss conversing with him frim time to time- and of course the thought that I dealt with him while he was df'd but he refuses to talk to me.

Thank god that I have many friends in the "world" to offer me an extended family. Still love him and my JW mom though- and I don't the WT for THEIR decision. I was once a part of it and one can leave freely as I did.

• Valis
    Valis
    With the JWs in your life...there is no "moving on" ...not ever.

Amen! So sorry to hear of this. It makes one wonder how desperate she really was...and also if the trade off she made will be worth it to her in the end. I'll bet 10 to 1 that she will be even sadder now. Yet another sad commentary indeed.

Sincerely,

Dsitrict Overbeer

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Damn the JW's are good at destroying families.

• gumby
    gumby

Hey Love Dubs.

So sorry to hear of this. I am in the same boat.

I have two beautifull grandkids who love me very much....ages 7 and 10. A little less than a year ago I was told they can't come over anymore as my daughter and her husband fear I will tell them Apostate things.

This came as a result of the 7 year old asking me why I didn't come back in the truth. I said what do you mean? She said "well, you believe Jesus died on a Cross and not a stake". I said, " it dosen't matter what he died on but that he died for us".

I told my wife about it, she told my daughter, and now they can't see me. Sick Bastards!

I don't blame the individuals who believe this shit......you and I did too. It's the dirty bastards who promoted this stuff......the GB and any others who wrote it.

I am sorry for you and hope you hang in there until the Borg crumbles.

I think tweetie bird may be right in what she said about the truth about the troof.

Take care

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

thanks for the cyberhugs guys...I sure do need them. I dont know if I care if she goes back in and then comes back out AGAIN...she is totally destroying me, and this emotional up and down is way too painful for me. I wont just be out here waiting to take her back in when they all reject her again. Especially since she has so easily just disposed of me...once again. I dont know....I dont know what to think any more. :(

• gumby
    gumby

LD...Especially since she has so easily just disposed of me...once again

She still loves you.....and so do many of your friends. They are doing what they feel is right in God's eyes. This always helps relieve the pain a little........for me anyway.

• Valis
    Valis

Gumby...that's exactly what they want you to think ....that they have Dog on their side and its OK for them to behave that way....crap crap crap..!!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• scumrat
    scumrat

Hey lovesdubs, I'm so sorry to hear the pain your going through. I know it hurts. My family has shunned me for over 3 years. they called once for necessary family business. The emotional turmoil was too much to bear. I eventually sent each one a letter stating that I'm their brother !! and if they want to have me in their lives, it would be either full time or none at all. Haven't heard from them since.

scumrat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit