couple of topics from a newbi

by Brummie 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

Since I'm new here you may already know about this, I didnt have time to go through the 5 billion archived posts on this board to see if they had already been discussed.

1) Bill bowen when he was in England related how JWs would drive past his house and keep on honking their car horns (to intimidate)...so he put up a poster outside his house saying "Honk for silentlambs"..hahahahahahaahahah , that was a pretty darn cool response huh. Things had never been so quiet after that!

2) I only just found out that the Kingdom melodies where on line and they are a scream:

http://www.terra.es/personal2/online/index.htm

Song number 217 used to be my fav....but how SAD is that though? Geeesh! Hearing it again on the above url had me in stitches. BTW I much prefer R&B now.

3) Just for observation purposes: B Bowen never once claimed that he was out to "dismantle" the Watchtower, infact he laughed at such a claim. Instead he firmly believes that they will dismantle themselves...its their policies that are causing the uproar not his.

Brummie

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Brummie,

Yep, Bill is a pretty cool cucumber. Welcome to the Board.

• johnathanseagull
    johnathanseagull

Brummie..............still laughing over the tunes!!!!.............are you in fact in near Birmingham as your name suggests......I'm quite close to the great Midland City if you are..............we should meet up sometime?

Regards

J Gull

• Brummie
    Brummie

Hey Jon, I now live 130 miles from the great city...I couldnt afford to move any further away...lol

Born & bred in Bloxwich, Walsall, escaped to Somerset at first chance. You know anyone from Bloxwich or Walsall KH?

To be honest, its nice in Somerset but I still get homesick :(

My family are all still in the MIdlands, I visit regular so maybe we could meet up when I'm on my travels....which part are you from?

Gots to fly and convert all those melodies into WAV format so I can play them in the car....NOT!

Brummie

• johnathanseagull
    johnathanseagull

Hey hey hey..........Lichfield here, born and bred although moved about 15 miles away some years ago, still have dub family......did you used to go the Molineux for the conventions and Dudley for the assemblies LOL

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Hi, Brummie,

Thanks for sending those nursery tunes. Do you have any adult songs?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Song 168, vs 3.. ....

"For see the time has come at last for Christ to reign in power

Soon all his foes shall lick the dut ; Before him they must cower

His God Jehovah bares his arm . His trumpet sounds a loud alarm

Be wise you rulers , do no harm ; You judges own Christs power .

Chorus

Kiss the Son lest he be angry and you perish in the way

Happy are all they that put their trust in him today!"

A happy little ditty

Dont remind me of Dudley the Dump assembly Hall.One of the first things I did when I moved here was to write a formal letter about the state of it

Although I believe they are doing it up now

• conoroberst
    conoroberst

sorry to disappoint you , even by my relatively high aesthetic standards Dudley Assembley Hall is looking pretty cool these days, down to the water feature in the lobby, the video screen on the stage and the marble (ok but they look like marble) in the foyer..

now manchester assembly hall, that is quite bad, despite the refurb...

• Brummie
    Brummie

You wanna see Manchester hall looking good? Just tell em that Abraham Isaac & Jacob are expected to return any day now, that place will look pretty impressive in less than a week! (re: Beth sarim)

• Brummie
    Brummie

John..15 miles...pretty long trip huh...haha, ever thought of moving back?

Yep always used Molineux (except when we had to use Aston Villa or Stoke a couple of times back in the 80's), I was baptised during Molineux conventions. Dudley was the last time I ever went to a kingdom hall, I said bye to the family and walked out during the baptisms, couldnt stomach it anymore, walked into Dudley, brought a casual jacket, slung the tie, and dumped my breifcase full of Watchtowers in a Dudley bin....never been back to a meeting since.

Do you remember the bomb scare we had at Wolverhampton convention back in the 80's and all those in the John Ireland stand where asked to calmly leave the grounds ...and no one moved? Not until the 3rd time it was announced from the platform anyhow. We were a bit thick huh! We casually blamed the baptists for planting the bombs (turned out to be a hoax)...this was surely a sign we were in the last days...yawn

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit