Just an introduction

by Israel Ricky Gonzales 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• KateWild
    KateWild
    Now, my kids are a different story. I am determined not to lose them to the cult.-Ricky

Ricky,

Thanks very much for your story it was encouraging to read. Please can you put a link to your youtube I would like to watch it.

I echo what you say about the kids. Mine at the moment don't believe and I am delighted. My youngest gets bribed to go to meetings which is wrong, but a positive for me as he won't respond to this and realises it's all fake if he is being bribed.

Kate xx

• oppostate
    oppostate
    Now, my kids are a different story. I am determined not to lose them to the cult.

Good for you, Ricky! Insist on doing things with them that are as far away from any JW friends as possible. Peer pressure to be like other kids at the KH is strong, and the indoctrination of the young seems to be getting worse and worse.

If you have family who aren't JW's then it would be great to get closer to them and let the kids see how they can have family and friends outside the WT cult.

Stay strong, bro!

Mantente fuerte, hermano!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Ricky - just read your story and all of the comments to you. You deserve every bit of praise and encouragement. Never say never - your wife's love for you is clearly stronger than anything which her K.H. "friends" may be using to influence her choices, so glory in that, and hopefully have an even better life with your dear wife.
  • Island Man
    Island Man

I imagine that it would be difficult for your marital relationship if you started teaching your children TTATT directly, or started sharing with them your religious beliefs.

The better approach might be to teach your children certain core values and principles that are antithetical to JW indoctrination. For example, you can teach them to value logic and critical thinking. Teach them the importance of independently researching claims and not accepting things at face value. Teach them to value intellectual honesty. Encourage them to think outside the box and not let anyone stifle or discourage their freedom of thought. Basically teach them skills that would help them to see the JW indoctrination for what it is and be immune to it.

You can even use movies to do this. You watch a movie with them then afterwards you can have a discussion about what lessons can be learned from the movie. Take Tangled, as an example. Rapunzel was forbidden from leaving the tower and so she had no way of knowing that the evil witch was misleading her. This can be used to teach your children that they should not be afraid to question the validity of claims made by an authority and that they should be wary of any authority that forbids them doing independent research to verify its claims or that tells them not to listen to what its critics have to say.

All of this can be done without ever mentioning religion or Watchtower. When you do this your children will discover TTATT on their own, and they will "make the TTATT their own".

• Israel Ricky Gonzales
    Israel Ricky Gonzales

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXscWL41DcNbIAfXL1eGKiQ

Its just a bunch of musing and ranting. LOL

• Gulf Coaster
    Gulf Coaster

Welcome! What a great story. It's great that your wife is so reasonable and loving as to give your marriage a chance. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with you too.

My dad wasn't so lucky, unfortunately, despite being reasonable and understanding. He also told my mother that the JWs weren't his thing but he was fully supportive of her choice to be one. Except my mother couldn't abide that. And that was the end of their marriage. It broke my dad's heart. And mine too, when I saw how it hurt him, a good man.

All the best to you and your family!

• Israel Ricky Gonzales
    Israel Ricky Gonzales
    Island Man, I LOVE IT! Thanks for that insight.
  • RedPillPopper
    RedPillPopper

Welcome Ricky.

As others have said, do lots of things together that are non-JW. Do things for yourself that make you happy and then possibly your wife will continue to see how happy you are without JW then she perhaps will start to self-deprogram.

• kairos
    kairos

Yes, welcome.
    I've seen many of your videos and I share a similar pain as you.

I look forward to meeting you.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Congrats on learning TTATT, and hopefully, reconciling with your wife.

If you continue to be reasonable and loving and show a genuine interest in your wife and kids and their welfare, without demanding she chuck everything she believes in right way, you may "win her over without a word."

Couldn't say it better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit