Increase in Publishers for Canada

by William Penwell 29 Replies latest jw friends

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Just heard today from my parents that a member of the Canadian Bethel said that there is a 1% increase in publishers from last year. They made such a big deal of it but when you consider that this increase is mostly from Jdub's that have been raised in it and are now starting to publish it is not such a big deal. I was also told that they mentioned about the dangers of the internet and also about all the lawsuites that the "Apostates" are bringing against the organization. Looks like the borg is starting to feel the heat...

Will

• pincushion
    pincushion

I am sure they dwell and make big of the 1% increase in publishers, but have they mentioned the percentage of members who have left the Borg? Lets hope they are feeling the heat. I am gathering all the data and info I can and emailing all the local news media's here in Alberta. Not much is heard on the news around here about the abuse and molestation...and with the fact that the Lawrence Hughs/Bethany blood was right here in Alberta..now is opportune time to let people know other dark sides of the dubs.

• seawolf
    seawolf
    Just heard today from my parents that a member of the Canadian Bethel said that there is a 1% increase in publishers from last year.

I wonder if the Watchtower is a client of Arthur Anderson?

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Since 9/11 a lot of religion saw a increase. Keep in mind though, that as of September 2002, most religions said attendence was dropping again.

My thought

Dragon

• larc
    larc

I guess they forgot to mention that the population increase in Canada is 1.5%, they are loosing ground.

• david_10
    david_10

Considering the resurgence of religion after 9 /11, considering the new 15 minute time-counting rule, and considering the 1.5 % population increase, I don't see how the Society could be very encouraged at all by a 1% increase in their numbers. A minimum of 3 or 4% was hoped for, I would think. 1% is kind of pathetic. I wonder when the figures will be in for the U. S. I'll bet they won't be much better.

David

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

According to my graphs and tables the increase over last year's average is .073744%, up to the June service month. (Yeah I'm an accountant. So what?) This will be rounded up to the holy grail of 1% increase.

There was a definite increase around March when the 15 minute rule started. So the good news is that the increase is a one-time effect, unless they think of another way to cook the figures. Look forward to a resumption of negatives next year.

Other good news is that the 12 month moving total for baptisms has again fallen below the 2000 level. 1980 to be exact. The leading indicators haven't changed.

Expatbrit

• Scully
    Scully

I think one of the best ways to determine if there was an actual "increase" is to look at the ratio of hours:publishers. That way you'll see the impact of the 15-minute/month inclusion.

Does anyone have those figures, and the comparison for the previous year?

Love, Scully

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

The United States branch is expecting a 2-1/2% increase in the average number of publishers over the same figure from last year.

This increase coincides with the 9/11 incident. The 15-minute rule for invalid publishers has probably augmented the increase--I estimate it at about 1/2%. (At last year's KM school for elders it was said there was a full 1% increase in total publishers where the 15-minute rule was tried)

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Scully:

There is no appreciable difference to the average hours for publishers. That is because we are talking very small changes here. A 1% difference in absolute numbers wont make a big difference to hour averages.

As mentioned, the leading indicators are encouraging. Dropping baptisms, together with an aging JW population. The death rate will rise as the influx of replacements shrinks.

Expatbrit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit