Hey ... we got a real nut here !

by Simon 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Just got this from a real well informed, clear thinking, "sister" (?) (about the http://www.watchtower-victims.org/ site) --- Cynthia Apperson --- [email protected] --- EarthLink: The #1 provider of the Real Internet. A response to the apostates whom have choson NOT to tie themselves to a large rock and throw it into the river. My response .. to you even though you are not ALLOWED to change your minds about your stand against Jehovah and his Holy Spirit.

Shunning as a term for a specific practice is what Amish are known for.

It involves componants of theology and practice that are not part of anything that JWs do.

You have been disfellowshipped or disassociated by them.

You can't force a religious organization to ackowledge individuals as members in good standing.

If someone wants to live by the faith and practice of a religion, than they can, ...

but if they choose not to, then it can't become the responsability of

the religion to pretend that an individual represents it.

If you want a different religion, go get one.

You can't legally force one to change into what you want them to be.

And why would you want to?

You have been alienated from your family and friends.

Again, EVERY person must take sole responsability for their own actions.

I realize that Christendom has a difficult time with that concept, but it must hold true as the highest standard for society.

I CHOOSE the function of my life.

YOU CHOOSE the function of yours.

Wnen it doesn't work well, there is a DYSfuinction.

EVERYONE must choose whom and what adds to or compromises [their view[ of FUNCTION in their lives.

I myself no longer have anything to with my extended family.

They were very gossipy and not trustworthy.

They said terrible things about each other and even me.

I CHOSE to live seperately from them.

...to say ."No. I don't have to be subjected to that."

Should this right belong to every EXCEPT for JWs?

You have lost a family member as a result of the Blood Policy.

I am sure that the X JWs forgot to tell you that the reason that the Supreme Court ruled in favor the Witnesses, is

that it was found with a certainty that there IS NO CIRCUMSTANCE under which ANYONE can say for certain that a patient is "going to die" if they don't receive

a blood transfusion.

Nor can you ever say that someone would not have died if they had received one.

period.

The risk in refusing a blood transfusion is NOT greater than the risk involved in accepting one.

Not only has the not changed, but the JWs have a greater survival rate without blood than those that accept it.

You have suffered harm from the WTS.

This is a generic statement that promises to follow through with something that gives it meaning, but then does not.

regardles of other points on this list, as they are listed seperately.

A family member committed suicide because of the WTS Policies.

Never happened.

WTBTS does not CAUSE suicide.

Depression is a clinical illness, and can not be said to have been inflicted by circumstances that any person was in by choice, stayed in by choice, and that do not meet the criteria for intentional infliction of emotional distress.

Most find a great JOY in the life of a Witness for Jehovah.

*IF* someone did not, then the problem was from within. Else the problem would be common as the circumstances of being a JW are a uniform constant throughout the world.

You or someone in your family suffered sexual abuse.

This presents as an opportunistic jab , given in light of recent Catholic Church scandals.

Reasoning people would not, for example, fault the Vatican for the THOUSANDS of sexual abuses cases that came forward

*IF*

The Catholic Church would not have been transfering priests from one unsuspecting congregation to another,

and putting into place NO policy for reporting sexual abuses to the proper officials- as our laws have all this while REQUIRED of every citizen

EXCEPT FOR the Catholic clergy.

The WTBTS has NEVER been guilty of trying to hide any RARE case of possible sexual abuse.

If an elder is the first to find out, then the police are ALWAYS the 2nd to find out.

Though it is by no means a common occurance.

Ironically, the mindset of those that propose this ridulous lawsuit, are the ones that

would have them NOT be able to dissassociate from persons known for doing such things.

If they keep them around as active in the congregation, then they become like the Catholics, and if they

disfellowship, then YOU will still be there to find fault.

Further the few cases of the last few decades that i have heard of, involved persons that were

able to gain access to the alleged victims as members of that family. -And was not related to their

association with JWs.

There IS NO JW function where children are left alone for any period of time with an elder.

And no FAILURE to govern responsibly.

Loss of income from a spouse you were dependant on who died as a result of WTS policies:

Never happened.

And you will NOT be able to argue effectively that it did.

If you believed you have been deceived,

This is a redundant assertion of someone that has changed their theology.

Of coarse they are prepared to assert that their "new" theolgy is the "correct" one.

Of coarse they are going to express disbelief that others of their former faith should have come to the same theological conclusion.

this is all redundant.

And, ofcoarse, you can't prove that the original information given by the WTBTs is untrue.

It has stood the test of time and scrutiny of countless scholars that will undoubtedly be available to defend the WTBTs's views as haveing scriptural support.

You have put too much faith in people that say that the WTBTs can't defend it's doctrines as scriptural.

And that a court will here the arguments to begin with.

COUNTLESS Witnesses can even more expressly convey that it was Christendom that had been misleading THEM in earlier years.

But they leave the final judgement about that to GOD. As only he has the rightful authority about it.

received negligent dissemination of information,

There is no dissemination process to point to.

From the moment it leaves the WTBTS, it is received in THAT FORM at every Kingdom Hall without exception.

No long chain to produce dissemination.

misinformation,

Well, at least this presents as factual or verrifiable ...

and yet, even if you can get a court to listen to it, ....

It isn't actually true.

or were lied to.

You have no chance of establishing deceitful intent.

You suffered mental anguish as a result of WTS policies.

We covered that eariler.

If you consider yourself a victim of Penal Sanction.

Circumcisions are optional. :)

But seriously ...

Your statement, at least, admits a subjective position. Which is, ofcoarse not legally enforceable.

If you believe that your basic human rights and freedoms have been withheld or interfered with.

Arguing this point is hypocritical, as the suit attempts to take away a measure of basic human rights ...

This ... ,if successful, would remove the protection you plan to ironically count on this suit.

You cannot hope to win if you defeat yourself before you even get there.

You don't know what you are doing.

The purpose of the Suit is:

to change WTS policies for the sake of family members who are Jehovah's Witnesses.

Force them to worship in a way that you belief is in their best interests ... hmmmm.

Should I wish you luck?

to help stop the premature deaths of thousands of persons.

The argument for this statement is not present.

Further, the numbers suggested are nonsense. -as there is no argument present for them to give support to.

to help stop the deaths of innocent children.

you claim more knowledge and authority that you could ever afford to have.

You could no more than "Believe" that any one example applies.

to give back the basic rights and freedoms of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Their faith is an EXCERCISE of the same rights that you HOPE to deny them.

Their exemplary record as intelligent, clean, and responsible citizens is proof itself that your implication

that they are able to make decisions for themselves is unfounded.

And let us remember that the Witnesses of Jehovah may be due for a great tribulation, but that

until the appointed time, there is nothing that you can do to come between them and their active ministry AS his Witnesses.

Even torture and executions have proven ineffective to even slow them down.

You wouldn't even WIN if you WON.

And while you are prepared to take a victory as proof that GOD is with you , are you equally prepared to take a loss as evidence that he is not?

to inform the World what the WTS is really about thru ongoing media coverage.

Helicopters, bright lights, and eager young journalists will still only catch them living clean and peaceabley... by choice.

• Simon
    Simon

So there we have it ... the WTS has never done anything wrong and it is all our imagination and twisted apostate lies. Let's all pack up our bags and go home ...

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

The JW's probably recruited her when they were doing field service at the Cracker factory.

Devon

• ballistic
    ballistic

If we can take something away from this (other than the entertainment value) we could look at the opposite situation and ask ourselves how we feel our words are percieved by witnesses. Do they seem balanced and open minded, weighing up all the facts in moderation, or are we one sided with only one goal in mind, appearing to hate witnesses.

I think we are all guilty, including me, of sounding like the woman in that email on this web site. I don't know. We all need to rant but do we get the message through at the same time???

• searcher
    searcher

Simon,

I read this and was unsure if I should roll on the floor laughing, or be sick, this, to me, proves the case for WT mind control.

you claim more knowledge and authority that you could ever afford to have.

It is so, so sad !

searcher.

• Satanus
    Satanus

There is so much there that is just totally ridiculous. I won't even start. Five years from now, if this person rereads her words, she might very well throw up in disgust at herself.

SS

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Oh MY gawd! Gee - 'didn't happen; never happened'. We got a regular know-it-all here. Perhaps a member of the psychic network?

This person's reasoning boggles AND scrambles the mind. She makes the 'nuts' look sane. All I can say is "DENIAL!!!" Sorry, I just had to scream it.

Mimilly

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

If an elder is the first to find out, then the police are ALWAYS the 2nd to find out.

Though it is by no means a common occurance.

Simon, sounds like this writer lives on fantasy island. Don't think they'll be interested in my book...from the elders to the police, I'd say probably 30 people inbetween "found out", and if the Elders had their way, the police still wouldn't have found out -- today--30 years later!!!

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

iF SHE IS SO SPIRITUAL, WHAT THE HELL IS SO DOING POSTING ON THIS BOARD? IM GOING TO TELL THE WT ON HER. LOL!

• Simon
    Simon

s'funny ... she sounds a lot like my sister. I quote:

"Even if you could prove that it wasn't the truth I would still believe it"

Quite!

The prosecution rests it's case, no further witnesses (please, no more witnesses )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit