Dungbeetle's Review of the NY March

by teejay 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Dungbeetle....Thank you for the moving words. They allow us to picture the event as though we were there ourselves. They also so effectively describe the WTS men as the bullying cowards they are who enforce rules they do not abide by themselves.

I share your dream, dungbeetle....

I have a dream. And in that dream I see a sign across the face of the Watchtower building. Instead of saying Watchtower it says For Sale.

.... because that dream frees the family members so many of us have. The fulfillment of that dream sees my family once again united as families should be....not divided because men want to protect their positions and control.

My hat's off to all of you who stood up to your abusers with your testimonies and those of you who supported them by walking beside them.

Had Enough

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Thanks for sharing that with us Dung...and thanks to you too Teejay...great stuff. Wish I was there with you Dung...I was in spirit. Hugs to everyone there.

Beck

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Very moving post D.B. ... I felt like I was there. Although I've never been a dub, I've learned a lot from you 'guys' on this board....and whether one was a JW or not, most everyone can feel for the pain of an abused, innocent child.

Thanks for your well formed words that brought the march to life.

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Wonderful, Dungbeetle. Thank you.

I have a dream. And in that dream I see a sign across the face of the Watchtower building. Instead of saying Watchtower it says For Sale.
    • Justice for the Silentlambs.
    • JW's freed from tyrannical slavery and finally,
    • All of us reunited with our loved ones.

Foxy

• detective
    detective

Thank you Dungbeetle.

You have this way about you...

I've always been drawn to your posts. Hope you are well.

• TTBoy
    TTBoy

WOW! Being there...........reading that.............. brought it all back to life for me. Nice job.

It also reminded me of the few people my age (30 or younger) who were looking out the windows on the left building, not the 25th one. Looking at us with these haughty grins of, "look at these worldly people, (thoughts of us being destroyed at Armageddon)."

I know exactly what they were thinking because I have been there myself. I can't even put into words how I felt seeing them mocking me with their facial expressions. I just stared up blankly. That's how almost every JW thinks of anyone but their own. They KNOW they are right and YOU are wrong and there is nothing that's going to change that. I guess I felt a little helpless because of that.

TT

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Good idea to post this hear.here

I read it at the other site and it was very good. I was very proud of Queen Beetle's writing.

I especially loved it when she said "I have a dream!"

plum

Edited by - plmkrzy on 30 September 2002 0:50:14

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

DB,

Iam so glad you are involved in this effort. You have always displayed a balanced and fair view.

Your words were powerful and exciting. I have only great respect for how you conduct yourself.

Danny

• teejay
    teejay
    You have this way about you...

I've always been drawn to your posts. Hope you are well. -- Detective

Funny you should say that, Detective. At times I have had the same thought about Dungbeetle (I've always hated that user name, though).

She reminds me of Guinan on Star Trek - Next Gen: always knew just a little.... bit... more.... than erra body else, in a way that was unsettling but comforting at the same time.

• justhuman
    justhuman

Great post Dungbeetle

I feel like that I was there in Brooklyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit