Trust God's Organization Before It's Too Late!!

by D wiltshire 14 Replies latest jw friends

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

October 15, 1954.

**Questions from Readers
    How does Jehovah's spirit help the "faithful and discreet slave" arrive at the truth of a matter? The Society does not claim infallibility or inspiration. How much is dependent upon the written Word? How can we be sure that this is the organization Jehovah is using when some things are published and later changed?-C. P., United States.
    In regard to how the truth is brought forth through Jehovah's organization, please note that if the Watch Tower Society were infallible there would be no need for future correction of viewpoints held; but because it is not infallible and has never claimed to be, from time to time corrections are necessary. **They never claim to be infallible, so then why DF someone who disagrees with them? If they know they too maybe wrong on a point why DF someone on a point they may be wrong on.

**If Jehovah's spirit operated in the way it did upon Bible writers, inspiring them to write according to Jehovah's thoughts, then no future corrections in matters would ever be necessary. But because the spirit does not operate in this way today some corrections are made from time to time.**

How do they know Jehovahs Spirit does not work the same way today?

**Jehovah God, in fact, foretold or indicated that such would be the case. At Proverbs 4:18 (AS) it states: "The path of the righteous is as the dawning light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day." **This is presupposing that Proverbs is foretelling how Jehovahs spirit would work in our 20th century. I think Solomon was talking about his day as well.

**While the light is still dim the broad outline of an object may be visible but the details of it are not always distinct, and as the light increases these details may be seen with more clarity and a corrected view is obtained. Full dependence is placed upon Jehovah's Word in the formulation of truth and it is from his Word that proof should be forthcoming. However, with greater clarity and understanding, new truths are discerned and something that previously appeared very logical may require revision.**How about complete reversals because they were wrong, and could no longer hold to a certain understanding because it would be too embarrassing.

**Jehovah did not say that the entire matter would be seen in crystal clarity instantaneously. With these last days in mind, Jesus spoke of the "faithful and discreet slave" that would be appointed to bring forth "food at the proper time."(Matt. 24:45, NW) This is a progressive process, food being continually provided, and as we advance in the stream of time and observe further fulfillment of prophecy new truths are discerned and brought forth and constitute fresh and nourishing food for our day. Some truths were not essential for us prior to the time of their discernment, otherwise Jehovah would have caused them to become known earlier.**I guess Jehovah felt it was OK for them to fight in the 1st world war, celebrate Christmas and have more then one wife in the early days.

**Even the erroneous viewpoints held by Jehovah's witnesses during the first world war served their purpose in contributing to the fulfillment of prophecy, for Jehovah had long ago foretold a condition of spiritual uncleanness upon his people at that particular time and the cleansing work that would be done. Hence such things are to be expected according to prophecy and their occurrence is a confirmation that this is Jehovah's organization, rather than a cause for raising question concerning Jehovah's use of the organization.**
    So they are saying Jehovah let them do things that are seriously wrong just so his prophecies could be fulfilled.

**Jehovah uses this organization because it is meek and teachable and is not set and bound in its viewpoints. It is an organization that looks to Jehovah for guidance and direction and watches his maneuvering of matters on the world scene and the outworking of events that fulfill prophecy and it lines up its views in accord with these things.**What a nice pat on the back they give themselves, they should be so generous to other Christian organizations.

**It is willing to change and keep up with the developing conditions, to keep up with the light as the light is revealed brighter and brighter.**It is willing to change when it has no choice is more like the truth.

**That is why Jehovah can use this organization, and certainly the facts show that he has been using it and is continuing to use it.**They keep saying this all the time "the fact show" and then they never supply any hard facts.

**He is bringing the increase. He is using this organization to preach the good news of the established Kingdom in all the inhabited earth. Prophecies are being fulfilled upon this group.**Prophecies are being fulfilled on this group? According to their interpretation of coarse.

**We are counseled to remain close to the organization, for even if the organization does have views that are later changed, our safety lies in remaining within the organization and changing with it when the light increases and new truths are discerned.**In plain English: dont stop believing we our Gods organization because we have to keep changing our teachings all the time.

**No other organization has shown this flexibility to alter its views, to keep up with the changing times, to be alert to the increased light that comes from Jehovah from the temple, for other groups are bound by their centuries-old creeds.**

So they must be Gods organization because they keep changing.

**Rather than a stumbling stone, the Society's readiness to alter its views when necessary should be a source of comfort and encouragement, an assurance that there will be continual advancement and increase in learning, an ever-brightening light as we approach closer to the perfect day with its noonday brightness.**Be happy we keep changing and never stop trusting us even though we keep changing.

** A false religion may have some truth in it, but it never gets rid of its many falsehoods and the truth it does have continues to be contaminated. With Jehovah's organization the beliefs can be established from the Bible, and when some erroneous view does creep in it is soon ferreted out and discarded.**
    So they can make mistakes and thats OK but everybody elses mistakes makes them false religion.

**An analogy might be drawn between the first and the second presence of Christ Jesus. At his first advent certainly the apostles at first thought he would be an entirely earthly King and that the kingdom would be earthly. Only after Pentecost did they learn that it was to be a heavenly kingdom. Prior to that time they could not discern this truth, and they entertained a false idea, as shown by Acts 1:6-8 (NW): "When, now, they had assembled, they went to asking him: 'Master, are you restoring the kingdom to Israel at this time?' He said to them: 'It does not belong to you to get knowledge of the times or seasons which the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction; but you will receive power when the holy spirit arrives upon you.'" Likewise it was some time until they saw clearly that they were no longer under the Mosaic law as such, as shown by Acts chapter 15. But that did not mean that they were not Jehovah's servants and his channel for bringing the truth to the people. So we should not stumble because the same is true today.**They should be this generous with other religions that have wrong idea and not just themselves. It is OK for them to have wrong ideas God will still use them, but let Christendom make a boo boo and its curtains.

**In fact, this ability to discard the erroneous as the light increases marks the difference between Jehovah's true worshipers and the false religions of Christendom. When it can be clearly shown from the Bible that an idea once held does not have sufficient Scriptural support and that a different viewpoint has the weight of Bible testimony behind it, then the new viewpoint is adopted and the former understanding is set aside. To be too proud to do this is to have a pride that would presage a fall. (Prov. 16:18 )**Wow only they have humility to admit mistakes not like hard hearted Christendom.

**Increased understanding of the Bible itself and growing proof from the Bible itself are the basis for altering the viewpoint. This organization is always probing and studying to find solid foundations in the Scriptures for its beliefs and as the light increases the foundations of our beliefs become stronger and stronger. We have ears to hear a clarified truth, not ears that refuse to hear. We have eyes to see the increased light, not eyes that refuse to see. We are anxious for new light and for new "food at the proper time."**Wow they keep patting themselves on the back and proclaiming how humble they are and not like other religions. Some how I dont trust someone that keeps telling me over and over how humble they are.

**This Jehovah supplies, not through individuals, but through his organization. (Prov. 3:5, 6) He has so operated with this group in the past and he is still doing so, as the physical facts abundantly confirm. Past history of the organization has shown that those who split off, thinking themselves smarter than the Society, are soon swallowed up in the seas of humanity.**How dare anyone ever think they are smarter than the SOCIETY!!!

**The new ideas they entertain are soon forgotten. They are not preached world-wide to all the inhabited earth, as Jesus said would be done with the truth. These separating, disgruntled ones are not fulfilling the prophecies that Jesus said would be fulfilled by his true people. It is this organization that is enjoying that fulfillment and it is through this organization that Jehovah sends further light and spiritual food that rectifies any erroneous conceptions previously entertained, as well as adding to the rich storehouse of spiritual food available for those devoted to him and willing to exert themselves in his service by telling it to others.
    Jesus said: "All the same, wisdom is vindicated by its works." So this organization is vindicated as the one Jehovah is using by its activity in doing the preaching work Jesus foretold and in being used to fulfill many other prophecies.-Matt. 11:19, NW.**There you have it the Organization is vindicated and is the only one being used by Jehovah all the rest are false.

Edited by - D wiltshire on 29 September 2002 14:28:57

• pincushion
    pincushion
    **No other organization has shown this flexibility to alter its views, to keep up with the changing times, to be alert to the increased light that comes from Jehovah from the temple, for other groups are bound by their centuries-old creeds.**

To my recollection the Bible has not changed...so to alter organization views to keep up with the changing times is in fact going against a book written through Jehovah.

Edited by - pincushion on 29 September 2002 0:7:27

• pincushion
    pincushion

Don't mind my previous message...too tired to think straight.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

**No other organization has shown this flexibility to alter its views

Not true in any case. They have ALL altered their views, from accepted Christian churches to the lowest flying saucer cult. But does the light getting brighter include total reversal of position and 90 percent abandonment of former interpretations of prophecy?? If it does, I see no reason to follow such spiritual leaders.Hell, my judgement is better. I'll trust to my own interpretation.

• DeProgram
    DeProgram

Why than is the organization being so Bull Headed on changeing the way they instruct the Elders to handle child abuse cases, weather they abhore it or not there policies are banishing the abused and embracing the perpitrators,what does it take for new light on this policy, a lightning bolt from God.

Why is it so hard for them to listen to the crying of the young slaves being harmed by this policy, a simple thing to change and in my opinion new light starring them in the face.

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

**Jehovah did not say that the entire matter would be seen in crystal clarity instantaneously. **

I don't mind them saying what "Jehovah did not say" at least here they can be correct.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Instead of quoting what the WTS wrote, how about quoting the Bible? You know, the God inspired book.

It makes me always speachless whenever I see a person believes that the WTS is the only God's organization JUST BECAUSE THE WTS HAS TOLD THEM TO DO SO. I wonder how many of the jws would follow the WTS if they cease to tell people that they are the only God's channel.

I think anyone who supports pedophile protectors is as guilty as pedos themselves. I know what those jws are thinking. They think the Silent lambs are apostates.

D wilt, can you look into one of silent lambs' eyes and tell her that she is a liar and an apostate? Can you tell the one, who were brutally raped and scarred, that she has to follow the organization that forced her to stay silent? I don't know whether you are a man or woman, but do you have any idea how horrifying it is to a child to be sexually assulted?

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Sunshine,

Calm down and reread my initial post.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Relax, guys. Dwilt is as apostate as you can get. You guys missed his story about his invasion and bodily ejection from his kingdom hall by oversized elders

SS

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

SS,

How it going?

I thought everyone would have alittle fun with this QFR, but some took it the wrong way which is understandable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit