The future of this site

by DanTheMan 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

Having just read the snippet from H2O posted above, I have to take exception to the jab at this board re: people here aren't allowed to believe in God, that it's a "well-baited honey trap" etc.

My personal experience here is that while some people have expressed either a belief or disbelief in God, I haven't seen such posters attacked regularly. Or have I missed something? And some are adherents of other belief systems entirely, but I don't recall any "you'll burn in hell" replies to these revelations.

I don't know Rick but I get the impression something's going on in his life that's got more to do with his present feelings than the flame war he mentioned from years back.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Don't let anyone say that this site is failing.

It is the single best reason for subscribing to the net. I am pleased that so many Newbies join , and one only has to read Personal Experiences to see what a valuable tool this is and how badly it is needed. I really wish that ALL the decent "Brothers" of my acquantance would log on and read for themselves.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

onacruse:

thanks for the link to that thread - Farkel's "A Day for A Year, I Need A Beer" post had me falling out of my chair laughing. Every newbie here should get to see classics like that (which was the point of my post, I never would have found that if you hadn't provided that link).

Dutchie:

yes, these are exciting times. "Friends, could those of us who are alive today live to see the end of this wicked Watchtower system of things?" lol

LB:

I don't miss some of the "legend-in-their-own-mind" posters who no longer post here either. See ya, bye, don't let the door hit ya on your way out.

Simon:

I agree with you totally, everybody should feel comfortable posting here. Not everybody is going to post a Doctoral Thesis everyday on how the WT is wrong about this, that, and the other. This place is like a party, if you go over to one corner, you might find some people talking about more serious things, but another crowd might be discussing something trivial and silly. Yes, it is all about people, not a few petty egos.

BluesBrother:

I don't think this site is failing, but I do think that a certain degree of vigilance and creativity needs to be maintained in order for this site to stay fresh and relevant.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    but I don't recall any "you'll burn in hell" replies to these revelations.

I read that and had to laugh out loud. I was told once by a poster that I will be burning in hell for not thinking as he does. HAhahaha. too funny. The good ol' days?

Not everybody is going to post a Doctoral Thesis everyday on how the WT is wrong about this, that, and the other.

LOL, Not everybody wants to READ one everyday either

It's like those time when you feel like curling up with a good book. It's only good if you aren't constantly doing it.

It would be nice if we had a way to vote on the threads we thought were say, 10's and it could be a fair vote. In the past I've seen a lot of vote spamming and it makes one want to spam back, then you have spam fights over threads. It doesn't seem to be like that so much now.

How about a "Hall of Fame" for threads? That may limit the amount of (tons of) threads a newbie would have to wade through. We could all get one vote for the thread that gets placed in the "Hall of Fame"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit