I Gave 2 JW's My CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE Book

by minimus 10 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I've been talking to 2 barely active Witnesses for the last 9 months or so about the truth of the organization. The only person that they've ever confided to regarding their doubts was me. Finally, on Tuesday, I gave them THE BOOK. I told them to read it and let me know next week their thoughts on what they'd have covered. After that book I will give them Christian Freedom.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Minimus,

I have no doubt that you think you gave a copy of "Crisis of Conscience" to someone, but how can we be sure your memory is accurate?

Were there any witnesses to this event, people who are well known here and who are generally regarded as credible?

Personally, I'm inclined to believe that you may have fabricated the entire event in your imagination, and I think we deserve certified photographic evidence of this allegation. I'm sure you understand.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

two scenarios:

1 - they tell you they read it, but still are clinging to the idea but maybe it's the troof - if this happens, they didn't read it, or only skimmed through it

2 - they actually read the book cover-to-cover - we'll be welcoming them to the board in the coming weeks

• minimus
    minimus

DAN, option 2....as soon as they get a computer. Nathan...I understand!

• Ephanyminitas
    Ephanyminitas

Sigh. I can't wait until I can afford to get this book. (Hey, I'm jus' a po' college stoodint.) I hope it's as good as they say.

• minimus
    minimus

Once you read this book, you will never question your previous doubts.

• blondie
  • larc
    larc

Hey Ephan,

If you can't afford the book, look for it at local libraries. If they don't have it, ask them to order it. Ask your college librarian to get it through inter-library loan.

Where there's will, there's a way.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Make sure you include this on your time card.

SORRY Couldn't resist!

• minimus
    minimus

My 2 JW friends saw me the other day to return the book. They ordered their own personal copy and were enthralled with what they had read.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit