Paradise Earth A Very Selfish Idea

by larc 13 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Now according to the Witnesses, people will live for ever in a paradise earth. I think that most of you knew that already. Now, this is a really selfish idea. The earth is finite and can only hold so many people, even under perfect conditions. That means that at some point in time, no more people can be born. So, at some time in the future, no more people will have a chance for a life. That is not fair.

Now, I don't really know if people go to heaven or not, but I think it is a better idea. As I understand it, heaven is a pretty big place. I think it is much bigger than this ball of mud we call earth.

I called triple A (AAA) to see if I could get a trip tick to heaven, but they did not have one available. I was disappointed. I guess it would have been a very big map.

• Ephanyminitas
    Ephanyminitas

The idea of a paradise Earth is full of paradoxes and contradictions that you simply "trust in Jehovah" to work out. You are right about limiting life. Of course -- new light?! -- Jehovah could open the heavens to us. Perhaps, despite science's protests, faster-than-light travel is possible and we'll find several nice M-class planets to roost on.

• Satanus
    Satanus

If god was motivated by love to create, so that other beings would share existence, being loved and loving in return, then yes, it does seem a bit stingy. One could go further, and ask why god would ever have stopped creating. Why not keep popping off new angels/spirits from himself? If so, then spirits passing off this plane would be joining an ever growing family.

The dimension we call heaven is infinite. The deeper it is penetrated, the more expansive it seems. Scientists think that our universe, which may be finite, is expanding rapidly. Perhaps heaven and other dimensions intersect and surpass infintely, our universe. What i am trying to express is that heaven could never be filled. My theory.

SS

• Satanus
    Satanus

Teillhard de chardin has some interesting ideas somewhere along this line. His book 'the phenomenon of man' is supposed to be fairly good. He was a jesuit influenced by eastern thought.

SS

Edited by - saintsatan on 28 September 2002 5:32:45

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Just based on the past 100 years I would count on people, in the future, being able to travel to other planets that we may not yet know about.

Thinking that it is not possible is the exact same thinking that was in use prior to the invention of the railroad. Scientists them selves were quoted saying things like "Man can not withstand the pressure of traveling at speeds above 35 miles per hr.

LOL!

Perhaps heaven and other dimensions intersect and surpass infintely

somehow I can't imagine heaven being a literal space in our universe otherwise we would be able to someday travel to it. lol.

Edited by - plmkrzy on 28 September 2002 6:36:43

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

By your reasoning any couple that chooses not to have children would then be selfish for not passing on life. I guess there are several ways of looking at these things though.

For most of us knowing JW culture, I think it is extremely ignorant of them to presume that they would make up "the nucleus of the new world society". Heaven forbid a whole planet under the direction of JW's.

Path

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

The Jehovah's Witnesses God is very selfish indeed if He annihilates 99.9% of the whole world's population for possessing a freedon of choice that was given to us by him in the first place! OK, folks - you are free to chose your own religion - then ZAP!! for following His instructions. That's only one reason why the JW religion is nonsense.

SpannerintheWorks.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

It sure doesn't look very crowded in those idolised pictures of the 'coming countryside' that the wbts puts out - no room for the non-deserving - are any other minds on earth so darkened to truth as that?

People will travel into space - in spite of hindrances like jovyism.

paduan

• pincushion
    pincushion

Maybe the Dubs paradise earth is a yet to be discovered planet and Jehovah is going to ship them all there is a golden rocket??

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I think that "Keep your eyes on the prize" song says it all...

One of the many Kingdoom Smellodies that I hated

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit