More Pics (2) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Larry 61 Replies latest jw friends

• TTBoy
    TTBoy

PIC #6 is me - I see I need a haircut and I don't photograph well

Some people even got to see my liscence plate "1 TTBOY" hehehe (those who know)

I'm From Cleveland and was the only white guy on the dance floor at the Pan Am dance club/bar in Queens.

Edited by - TTBoy on 29 September 2002 3:55:12

Edited by - TTBoy on 29 September 2002 3:56:16

• outnfree
    outnfree

For those who wanted captions? I tried my best...

Photo #1

Bill Bowen awarding the first (uh-oh! What IS the official name?) Silentlambs Courage Award to Corrie Pandelo in front of 25 Columbia Heights Awards will be given out quarterly to honor those who come forward as survivors or who advocate the protection of children from molestation.

Photo #2

Barbara and Carl Pandelo accepting their Courage Award from Bill.

Photo #3

Corrie Pandelo being interview by the WNYC reporter on the Pierrepont section of the Brooklyn Heights Promenade, which was the staging area for the Silentlambs' March. Laurie Fitzwater is in the background.

She was another one of the twelve persons who received Courage Awards from the Silentlambs Board.

Photo #4

Some of the marchers walking down the street from Pierrepont Place to Columbia Heights Blvd. The reverse side of the "STOP WITNESS TAMPERING" banner is the banner below requesting the FBI to investigate the Watchtower. There are FEDERAL laws in the U.S. requiring parents to report child molestation to the proper authorities. Notice the cameramen rolling film from the stoops ahead of the marchers. The film crews ran to keep ahead of the marchers, who chanted such slogans as "1-2-3-4, silentlambs no more!", "1-2-3-4 No more pedophiles at our door!" (A few malcontents were heard shouting "J.R. Brown must go down!" but I wouldn't know who they were. )

Photo #5

When we arrived, WT basically shut its doors and was vetting all persons who wanted to gain entrance to the 25 Columbia Heights building.

Photo #6

A really kind guy from Cincinnati, Ohio!

Photo #7

A few of the marchers gather around the banner for a photo opportunity while waiting for kick-off time. Marchers lined the benches on the promenade and across from the park while waiting for the March to get underway.

Photo #8

From what I heard, the older gentleman from inside was trying to let a visitor from California inside. Watching reporters took notice and descended upon them to see if there was a story there. (Apparently the visitor got an earful from Erica Rodriguez who took umbrage at the reply the visitor gave when the reporters asked his opinion on the pedophile issue. This is all third or fourth hand into, but he allegedly said he'd "heard of the issue, but didn't think it was as bad as it was being portrayed.") The white-haired guy was annoyed when the visitor didn't ignore the reporters and protestors. See him trying to herd the visitor through the gates?

Photo #9

Kim Norris, Ft. Worth, TX attorney who posts here as CONCERNED LAWYER, announces a multi-million dollar suit against the WTS and congregation elders that was being filed that very day in Oregon.

It is the first of several suits that are to be filed nationwide by her firm and others.

Photo #10

LadyLee's poem and lambs who actually made it to the WT's doorstep along with a very few others (and one pig).

Photo #11

Bill Bowen holding up an official lamb (thank you, Gwyneth! -- and SS?) after gutless WT officials decline to either speak publicly on the issue or call a Judicial Committee on the GB as requested in Bill's previous letter.

Photo #12

Another picture of the pre-March staging area. I am peeking out from behind the courageous young man with the purple hair.

Photo #13

Who was the masked man who pointed out JR Brown's duplicity on one side of his placard and the Awake! Issue that told faithful dubs that they could not seek outside counsel for mental health issues on the reverse?

Photo #14

Barbara and Joe Anderson receiving their Courage Awards from Silentlambs.

outnfree

• waiting
    waiting

These are great pictures - and thanks so much for them, with explanations.

Thank you so much for them - but more thanks to the protesters!

waiting

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

outnfree thanks so much for the captions. It really adds to the images ((((out))))

• Larry
    Larry

Thanks OutNFree - I will add your captions to the orginal post.

Peace - LL

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hey Pathofthorns,

We were really hoping that we would see you here on Friday...missed ya! As for the pics, I noticed that some of them only seem to have a much smaller number of people in them so that it looks like a smaller crowd than what was actually here on Friday. Outnfree figured there was about a congregation's worth of folks present; that is, a good sized congregation that say might all be present for a Sunday public talk given by the CO I think 125 people is a pretty good assessment of the group.

Thanks to those of you who posted pics...I'll be getting mine later today but won't be home to post anything until midnight tonight and I'm not sure my scanner is working so we'll see.

BTW...DUTCHIE if you see this....I was so disappointed that you weren't able to make it. I was really looking forward to meeting you. And THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the lambs that you sent....believe me when I say that they were definitely put to good use!

Dana

• zev
    zev

hi out n free :-)

it was so nice to meet you!

Photo #13

Who was the masked man who pointed out JR Brown's duplicity on one side of his placard and the Awake! Issue that told faithful dubs that they could not seek outside counsel for mental health issues on the reverse?

my understanding is that was "jwexile"

i'm not sure who he is, nor am i to sure i have rad anything from him, but thats who i was told it was.

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

YAYYYYYYYY!!! SILENTLAMBS ROARED!!!

Great pics, Larry! And hey - you can just make out the side of my head in picture #12. Directly behind the reporter from Channel 11, in the background is my big ol' head (with a beard). Ah, fame.

What a great day! I wish you all could have seen the sick look on all the suits' faces, as they saw us marching down the hill toward 25 Columbia Heights! I saw suits & ties plastered up against the windows of the office building and the elevated pedestrian walkway that connects the two buildings that make up the office complex. The whole ceremony was great, as Bill handed out Courage Awards to very deserving Silentlambs. It was great to meet some of the feaces behind the names on this board, too: Bill Bowen, himself; Erica Rodriguez, Safe4Kids; OutNFree; Worf - and others who am embarrassed to say, I cannot remmeber right now. But what a great effort, I also taped Channel 9' coverage at 10:00 that night. Short, but sweet. Thanks to all for a wonderful march!!!

• BudLight
    BudLight

Thanks for all the pics. Wish I could have been there!

• abbagail
    abbagail

Heeeey Larry!! THANK YOU for these GREAT PICS! They are beautiful and seeing them is like RE-Living the awesome experience of being at the March! It was also great to meet YOU and your beautiful wife and daughter. (LL and I were walking back from the March to the park talking to each other, yet neither of us knew who the other was, JWD-wise, until later than evening. It was funny!)

Thanks to Out for providing the captions! You did a great job describing everything, and it really really DOES help the pictures to "come alive"! You mentioned the boy with the purple hair, #12. That is Ryan, Mike Pence's son. He and his sister, Rebecca, were the SWEETEST KIDS I ever met! You just wanted to hug them over and over, because they were so loveable!

#13 is not showing up (The Masked Man/Woman) with the sign. I think I met someone who said their name was jwexile, but I can't remember who. And whether they carried the sign in the disguise, I dunno! But the message was pertinent, especially about the "frowning" upon psychiatric help by the WTS, which is all very true. I remember it well thru the '80s.

TTBoy, you funny! Oh yeah! We remember the license-plate educational information! Glad you guys "boogied" all night in the Latin Disco! This gal just wasn't up to another late night. Thursday night we had spent the entire afternoon and evening in the lounge, and, many thanks to Kim Norris, had a little tooo much white wine which equaled a big fat headache Friday morning!

Hey Michael3000: That's great that you taped the news report! Even though you describe it as "short and sweet" (was that the WB Channel #11 report?), have you considered sending a copy of the VHS tape to Trauma_Hound or someone who can put it up on the internet? Just my 2 cents, but it would be great to have whatever media coverage permanently up on the net. If it was the WB news report, we saw that one and roared & cheered in the hotel room! We also saw the UNI news report (Spanish) at 11 pm, which Erika and her Mom translated for the rest of us.

Let's DO IT AGAIN, people!!!
    Grits

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit