Does anyone know how Esmerelda is?

by Mulan 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

Another poster and I are worried sick about Esmerelda. Neither of us have heard from her for months. She has MS, and had been doing well, but that can change quickly. We are worried that she is incapacitated or worse.

Both of us were regularly in touch with her by email, until June, as near as I can remember.

We know her real name and address, so I found her phone number, but can't get anyone at home..........just an answering machine.

If anyone knows, please let me know.

• crownboy
    crownboy

I second your request, Mulan.

I've sent her email myself, and have not gotten a reply. It's kind of worrying because of the MS thing, as you mentioned. When she did post here, she was hands down one of my top 5 posters, and I really hope she is doing OK.

It was partly through encouragement from her that I got out of "lurk mode" exactly one year ago and started posting here, and I certainly miss her posts.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Mulan,

You may be able to contact the police in her town and have them do a friendly stop by for a "well being" check. Cops do that all the time, and it's one part of their job where they are unlikely to have someone shooting at them.

- Nathan Natas, UADNA

• Kismet
    Kismet

No need for the police.

She and her family are fine but have been very busy with various non-jw related activities.

I will be in touch with her this weekend and will pass on your concern if you so desire.

Kismet

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Kismet, please tell her I said I miss her and I hope she's ok. I've been without a computer which is why she stopped hearing from me. She's one of my favorite people. She gave me some very good advice quite a few times.

Love...

April

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Kismet,

Kindly give her my regards as well.

Thanks,

Danny

• Simon
    Simon

Thanks Kismet

• Mulan
    Mulan

THANK YOU SO MUCH KISMET!! Please tell her I miss her, but I know she has lots of other interests. (we were emailing all the time for almost a year)

I checked one of her websites a little while ago, and was glad it was still there, so felt she must still be maintaining it.

• Primadonna
    Primadonna

Ooooo, I know! I know where Esmerelda is! :) At least...I think I do...where am I? :)

But seriously, I am very sorry to have worried you all. (Sweet Mulan and 'other' poster, love you guys, er, girls!) Life has been...um, an adventure (to put a positive spin on it) for me the past year...wrestling the ms(which is progressing) dealing with my still totally insane JW family (or not dealing with them, in the cases of the majority who still shun me thinking I'm going to get reinstated 'any day now'. They better not hold their breath!)

I think of so many of you so often, and I had thought about stopping in to say hello. I've just been trying to use what little energy I have these days for things very removed from the whole JW realm...charity work, mostly. Raising my daughter. Life is rushing by and the days blur, and I've lost touch with many of you that I hadn't intended to. I apologize for that.

So to sum up, (I'm not quite as long-winded as i used to be...not...quite lol) as Kismet (the little birdie who brought this thread to my attention, thanks Kis! love ya!) said no need to send a swat team looking for me though I am truly touched that after all this time you folks remember me well enough to worry! It means a lot to me.

Life is a challenge, but it's a lot better now than it has been in the past. I hope this is true for all of you as well. It is what you make it, and I'm trying to make it as happy as I can.

love to all

Essie

(feels weird typing that, I had 'retired' the old girl and didn't think I'd use that name again...)

p.s. Crownboy, do I know you under another nickname? I just love hearing from folks who decided to come out of lurk mode, I think that's a very necessary step in healing. I don't remember getting any e mail from anyone from the forum for ages...you can feel free to write again. My old address is still there [email protected] I just don't get into the account very much at all anymore. I'll have to peek in every now and again.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Essie,

Primadonna your not. You will always be in our hearts, T and I often talk about your reply and suggestions. It was very much needed at the time.

Glad your moving on with your life. I stick around here, because my daughter's (active jw's) are now speaking to me!!! Iam hoping that they will read some of what I have to say here. I recently forwarded a story by Vitameatavegimin to my youngest..........I hope she reads it with an open heart.

Anyway good to hear your ok.

Danny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit