TO THE ELDERS: LEAVE US ALONE!!!

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Amen, Minimus

My advice for handling elders: Put them on hold. Make up excuses why they can't visit you. Don't argue or debate or bring up

'apostate' information - just let them know explicitly that they can't DO ANYTHING. Eventually, they may actually get a clue

that their work is futile - and their lives are better spent in more rewarding pursuits.

I can't even imagine what goes thru the heads of most elders I know. I don't know how they face the ceaseless ennui of

meetings and meeting parts that they know beforehand are going nowhere.

metatron

• Farkel
    Farkel

Aguest,

: 4. Pity

Pity is quite different from compassion. Compassion is positive and pity is negative. To pity someone is have condescension for them. When someone says "I pity you" do you think they are trying to be nice or helpful?

I can't believe 'God' told you THAT, Shel!

Farkel

• ChakkaConned
    ChakkaConned

Three great ways of transmitting "the news".

1)television

2)telephone

3)tell*an*elder

• Angharad
    Angharad

Hi (((((Blondie)))))))

That is the reason I stated that, that was what happened in our hall because that was the experience we and a lot of others had there - I realise that not everyone was like that.

Sorry if you thought I was being too general with my comments

• shamus
    shamus

Minimus,

That is the attitude to have - you owe them nothing, so give them nothing. Go out to the park during your schedued meeting and they;ll get the picture. Just fade away, but be firm about it, or they will be harassing you for years.

• undercover
    undercover

Somebody said something about elders wives knowing everything goin on in the hall. While I admit that some elders adhered to this counsel well, most did not.

I remember one Saturday morning field service meeting where the elders wives got together with the pioneer sisters and discussed loudly the goings ons at the JC meeting the night before. I knew because one person involved left the meeting completely in shambles and turned to my wife for comfort and that person told us the whole story. Now how did the elders wives know as much as the person involved that told us? True the person that told us wasn't supposed to, but that doesn't change the fact that the elders were gossips to their wives. Everybody in the hall knew the whole story by the time of the Sunday meeting. (It was an extraordinary situation. Worldly people were involved and violence erupted during the JC meeting at the hall).

• blondie
    blondie

No problem, Ang. I'm sure the elders' wives who kept their mouths shut were few but there were some. I remember an elder accusing my husband of telling me something confidential. I said that someone else had told me. "Who?" he barked. "Your wife," I said with a smile adding, "yes, she told 3 of us in service last week. I wonder who told her?" He quickly found somewhere else to go in the KH.

Blondie

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Elders in an ECHO CHAMBER, WE MISS YOU MISS YOU MISS MISS YOU YOU miss you miss miss miss you you you you you you.

We been sick,We miss you.Mom died ,We miss you.We are apostates ,We miss you ,wait a minute! what did you say ? Your apostates! GET OUT! The only thing they heard was the word apostate,that stopped the Echo Chamber,we misssss youuuuuu! GET OUT!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit