TO THE ELDERS: LEAVE US ALONE!!!

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The PO approached my wife this week to find out how my daughter and I are doing, since we miss so many meetings. She told him that I've been sick lately and that my daughter pretty much doesn't want to go to meetings anymore. He asked if she was engaged to a "worldly" man, too. And my wife said that she is. Then he asked what "we" could do and my wife said "nothing". The CO is coming next week so they gotta check up on things. I think the ELDERS are going to try to harass us. It should be an interesting month.

• Angharad
    Angharad
    Too many are saying we don't want to confide in the elders and let them shepherd us.

Maybe its because quite often in our hall, what ever you told the elders somehow managed to get back to their wives and others in the hall, and people dont want to be the latest gossip

• rebel
    rebel

Angharad,

You hit the nail on the head! Who needs the newspapers when you have elders wives.

xxR

• minimus
    minimus

Oh oh....This can turn out to be a elder's wives bashing thread!

• metatron
    metatron

a word of advice from a former elder of many years:

You're wasting your life with this nonsense. It's time to resign and pack it in.

Do you enjoy spending nights and weekends on judicial committees? How about futile shepherding calls by heartbroken

Witness parents who want you to do something with Johnny/ Joanna Witness who has decided to leave home and give up

being a JW?

You've seen it all before and there's nothing you can do.

Brother Lurker Elder, where the hell do think this organization is going to be in ten years? It will be mostly broke,

begging for contributions - with its young people gone. You think you are depressed now, do you? Everything is going

to get worse because the elderly hierarchy won't even acknowledge major problems - MUCH LESS SOLVE THEM!

While the organization publishes glowing statistics, the reality is that it's all quietly rotting away. Ask yourself

why they can't afford food at assemblies - or subscriptions - or most hard bound literature anymore. Ask yourself why

an 'expanding Theocracy' downsized printing and about a thousand Bethelites recently. Ask yourself why its so hard to

find 'exemplary' families or Witness kids for a meeting part any more.

You're not getting any younger

The Watchtower has been saying "Armageddon is SOON" for One Hundred and Twenty years!!!!!!!!!!!

When are you going to wake up and smell the coffee?

Tell the body you are depressed and MUST quit ( don't be uncertain about it - they'll just shelve the issue)

Move to another hall and fade away -- use your precious time for your wife, your family, and yes, yourself.

metatron ( I ain't sorry I did!)

• JH
    JH

I guess the elder's wives knew almost as much as the elders themselves.

Maybe elders got advice from thier wives more often than we think...

• Shakita
    Shakita

minimus:

If you don't want to make waves, I would think of excuses not to meet with them. It will only be a waste of time for everyone involved. You and your daughter are now labeled as spiritually weak and the meeting with them would only be depressing and degrading. Your daughter is old enough to speak for herself regarding "seeing worldly" people, that is what I would tell any nosy elders. If you do meet with them, remember that loose lips sink ships....and that you owe them nothing.

Mrs. Shakita

• minimus
    minimus

Het Met, I dunno if that was for me but I took your advice last year. But if you're talking to other elders out there that are waffling on this matter. I say, GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!!

• minimus
    minimus

Mrs. Shakita, I plan on telling the elders NADA, NOTHING, ZILCH,ZERO. I owe them nothing and I know what my "rights" are and how to stonewall. and if all hell breaks loose, so be it. I'm too old for this crap.

• blondie
    blondie

I was an elder's wife and I never told anyone anything and I certainly never gossiped having been the victim of it so often. I am the one too that would be in the car with the other elders' wives and say, "Isn't this gossip. I don't want to talk about this." They would stop because I was afraid to insist I be taken back to the KH. Gossip is worse than smoking IMO.

Elders' wives gossiped more because they had better access to the information. I found that most JWs gossipped including brothers.

We haven't had any elder contact since our fade because we use caller ID and they won't dare drop in on me and my husband. I have made it clear how I feel about dropping in, that it is rude and unfeeling and only benefits the elders.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit