Sick of the nanny state. Polictical correctness can kiss my donkey!

by punkofnice 56 Replies latest social current

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I am sick of this bloody nanny state here in the UK. What do I mean by this? Political correcness has become a drag. (Am I allowed to say drag without offending someone?)

You see, I am all for equality and respecting people for who, what they are. I can see the need for health and safety measures. (H&S...another control measure).

However, I really do feel that it has gone too far. I hear people questioning their own words in case they've used a word that might offend a muslim or a gay person. The muslims and gay people I know are rarely offended by mere words that are spoken in innocence and have no vitriol attached. It seems to be a cashe of 'do gooders' that take it upon themselves to be offended on behalf of those that are not offended.

There are of course, those that will use the 'offence' to their advantage.

Many people are afraid of free speech.

Compared to the 70's the mysogonistic attitude seems to be controlled better.

So. It's good. It's bad.

However, there is smething sinister lurking behind it all. I sense 1984 style control.

Perhaps I see the PC world as the vomit worthy equivalent of the WBT$ 'pure language')

what are your views folks? Convince me the nanny state is good or bad.

(Side note. I think part of it is because I loathe the control the WBT$ had over me all my life and I hate myself for not leaving it before it totally screwed my life and family up)

Rant over.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"Many people are afraid of free speech."

The Government and the Establishment do not like free speech, it can expose their weaknesses and dishonesty.

Many people too, as you say, are afraid to offend by what they say, which in itself is mainly a good thing, we should consider our words before we utter them, there is simply no need to be rude or boorish, but be to be silenced into not telling it like it is because some little Muslim, or whatever minority, may be offended is nonsense.

Most of the Media are now afraid, especially after Charlie Hebdo, to call a spade a spade (I hope that expression is not offensive to Gardeners LOL), and they censor nearly all of their outpourings, not just in what they don't say, but in how they do express themselves, talking of all Islamic terrorists as "radicalised" for example.

There are many other examples of unnecessary restraint by the Media, so Truth suffers.

To worry overmuch about offending some groups is unnecessary if we are telling the truth, you don't die because you are offended, go home and grow up if you cannot listen to the truth.

Having had my rant, I just wish to say that here in the U.K I am far more concerned that we are living in what is now not just a "Nanny State", but a Police State.

Could Pat Condell say what he says in his Videos in a Public place and expect no Police reaction ?

We have given away our freedom of speech here.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Phuzzy - Having had my rant, I just wish to say that here in the U.K I am far more concerned that we are living in what is now not just a "Nanny State", but a Police State.

Yes, I agree. I don't think the police are very popular now, especially with many of them parading about full of their own importance. I recently spoke to a very nice copper who saud that many on the force were 'an embarrassment' because they are on a power trip. I have very little respect for them these days. Especially after seeing on at least 2 occasions where they have tampered with evidence, ie broken a sim card or 'lost' one, so they can get a conviction. I have no trust in the british police especially as I have family in them that have revealed some of their methods. I can't report any of this to anyone because it's only anecdotal and let's face it, the system will protect the filth that props up said system.

'We have investigated ourselves and...oh, look....we're innocent. Ta daaaa!'

We have given away our freedom of speech here.

We certainly have. Bloody CCTV cameras everywhere and yet they don't seem able to catch criminals with them.

As for 'hate speech' it seems to work one way. Say anything against a muslim and you'll be arrested.....they on the other hand can insult you.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Great OP, punk.

It seems to be a cashe of 'do gooders' that take it upon themselves to be offended on behalf of those that are not offended - you've hit the nail on the head here.

Many people are afraid of free speech - ditto.

Take the issue of immigration. It's a sensitive subject but everyone should be allowed to have their say. People who voice the opinion that immigration levels in the UK are too high or immigration should be better controlled are not automatically 'racist', but are often smeared as such.

Perhaps I see the PC world as the vomit worthy equivalent of the WBT$ 'pure language' - interesting parallel.

I'd like to add that these PC do-gooders seem to have little sense of proportion and self-awareness. There was recently the case of that UCL professor sacked because of making a clumsy, sexist joke. Let that sink in: one of the country's leading academics has fallen foul of the PC gestapo and lost his job. In a sane world, this would have been sorted out with an apology and a handshake in 5 minutes.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    LUHE - I'd like to add that these PC do-gooders seem to have little sense of proportion and self-awareness.

Yes. They inhabit a weird twilight zone of a place that doesn't exist in reality.

There was recently the case of that UCL professor sacked because of making a clumsy, sexist joke. Let that sink in: one of the country's leading academics has fallen foul of the PC gestapo and lost his job. In a sane world, this would have been sorted out with an apology and a handshake in 5 minutes.

Exactly. Everyone makes errors of judgement. It doesn't mean we are evil bigots. The PC Gestapo...good title.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I do not believe that people have the right to not be offended, especially if the offending material is truth that is designed to debunk a lie that the offended person is benefiting from. The truth offends those who seek to enslave mankind, and such people deserve to be more than offended. Otherwise, they can and will enslave us all. And then we will have zero freedom.

And that goes for that damnation book, too. Xians are offended by the thought that this book is not just full of mistakes but is a whopper of a lie that is designed to enslave us all. Unless they get past being offended and realize the whole program is a scam, they are going to be in for a rude awakening when they die and realize heaven is nothing more than a place where souls are consumed to feed alpha draconians. Do you wish your soul to be alpha draconian food? If so, just keep practicing Christi-SCAM-ity. If not, you will need to find the real truth, even if you are offended by the fact you will have to alter your beliefs to conform to it.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    WTW - The truth offends those who seek to enslave mankind, and such people deserve to be more than offended.

I agree wholeheartedly.

I don't trust authority anymore.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I was born a rebel, whenever someone told me to do something the first thing that popped into my mind was "Why should I ?"

I never have really trusted Authority, I was always questioning the pronouncements emanating from JW H.Q, and rarely went entirely along with what they said.

Quite why it took me so long to wake up fully is a mystery to me.

The Authorities in general seem to have lost the full respect of most people, though I do not like to see this degenerate into stoning Ambulances and Firefighters, disgusting actions which we have seen, and simply cannot be justified.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Maybe Archie Bunker had it right when he said "England is a Fag Country". LOL
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Phuzzy - Quite why it took me so long to wake up fully is a mystery to me.

I had too much invested in it and trusted the WBT$. I was born in. It was the upsurge of the internet and being able to research stuff that helped. Before we only had the odd book that was really just advertising another religion.

Trooofseeker - Archie Bunker? I think the UK inspiration for that show was Steptoe & Son. Just as non PC. Love it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit