Hi-I'm new here

by had_enough 21 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Considering you were just plain old 'had' for so many years, 'had-enough' isn't all that bad!

Welcome,
    Lisa

• AhHah
    AhHah

Dear had enough,

Welcome! You are among friends here. We understand what you have been through and all the emotions you are feeling. We understand that it takes time, but that you will emerge from this important phase in your life a more complete and a happier person.

I believe that it is important to allow yourself the freedom to make your own choices and let others be responsible for their reactions and their choices. Painful as some will make that for you, you may later have the satisfaction of knowing that you helped open a door in their hearts as well, leading to the spiritual freedom of your loved ones. Your loving reasurances in spite of their rejection will eventually prevail. Your true Christian (or spiritually secure) example in the face of misguided loyalty and rejection will make a very loud statement without having to speak a word in your own defense.

Your posts reminded me of some of mine and many others that I have read here. The validation that I found here was very helpful in allowing me to feel free to begin to move forward with my life and happiness. This forum is now one year old and you will find here in the archives a gold mine of information, research, and similar experiences that I am sure you will enjoy.

BTW, I am in my mid-forties, was raised in the JWs, and I have been inactive (as a JW that is) for a couple of years now. My life began two years ago.

Again, welcome!

AhHah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit