I waited 13 years for this day,Silentlambs march

by nowaytess 18 Replies latest jw friends

• nowaytess
    nowaytess

Tommorow I will be marching in NYC.

I took a personal day off fromwork and am flying up to NYC overnight.

For me, I was compelled to make the journey. The march is going to open up a lot of old wound which only have just scarred over the years to mentally survive. It will be part of my healing.

I can't sleep for the tears just flow even after all these years,

I was not a child when I was sexually abused by a brother. I was almost raped. I know how far the Watcthower went to keep the silence. Now I am an adult, it was tramatic. I can;t imagine a child's experice which scrs then forever.

Plus my girlfriend's case in Vermont made statewide headline. She and her two children were servely abused. I was involved and elders try to silence when the police were to question us about what was going on.

It was both incidents which I was able to give my Da letter to the elders.

After all these years I will be standing with former Jehovah's Witnesses who like myself had simular experence.

Just being believed after all these years.

Forcast for the weather is rain. I just feel Jehovah will be weeping for the children and all who abused.

• footprints
    footprints

Let the healing begin.

• DJ
    DJ

((((((((((((((((((((TESS)))))))))))))))))))))

I am sorry about your past experiences. You're so right, it is a healing time and let the tears flow. It helps. I will keep you in thought and a prayer for further healing. Tomorrow is near and you will shine even if it rains. love, Dj

• RR
    RR

Bring an umbrella, it's going to rain on your parade!

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

I'm so glad you will be attending the march. Healing seems to come in some of the most unexpected ways. I'm sure I can speak for others when I say our thoughts are with all...especially the past victims who today are survivors.

Granny

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

Bring an umbrella, it's going to rain on your parade!

EDITED FOR OBSCENITY.

Do you really get some kind of JOY from making such comments about an event that is supposed to show SUPPORT for the victims who have suffered under the JW's pedophile policy? Is THAT what your "Bible Students" teach and support?

If this was supposed to be a joke - you have FAILED to elicit any laughter. I really hope I don't see you in Brooklyn on the 27th - I just may have to kick your ass.

-- Mike

Edited by - Englishman on 27 September 2002 9:59:39

• DJ
    DJ

uh ..... yeah, RR what's up with that comment?

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Mike, I've known RR for some time now and seriously doubt he was talking about anything more than the weather predicted for tomorrow.

Lew W

• Farkel
    Farkel

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Tess }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Farkel
    Not Known-for-Being-Nice Class

• DJ
    DJ

AWWWW, FARKEL....how sweet. I knew it was in ya!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit