Hallowweeeeeen!!!!!!!!!

by nativenyr23 16 Replies latest jw friends

• nativenyr23
    nativenyr23

Hey Guys!!!! it's been a while since I've been able to check this site as my computer at home has been on the blink.

In any case, as I mentioned at previous apostofests, I'm thinking about having an aposto-halloween party!!! i've already gotten hold of a witch/medium (whatever) that will conduct a seance. She also does readings and some "All Hallow's Eve Sabbat ritual".....heheheheee.....still looking for that used Ouija board! LOL - She's not too expensive. I could probably afford her for about 2 hours. So...we'll see.

In any case, wanted to check the interest level for this....so i can sorta plan ahead. Let me know if you guys DFW Apostates are interested!!!

Later!

Native

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

Hey Girl!! It's good to hear from you!

I'm interested so count me in! I have some ideas so email me.

-Fire

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Hey girl, wondering where you have been. We had so much fun talking spooky stuff at the Valis' that night, and I am still curious.......hehehhe ,, my evil witch laugh there.

Yeah we are interested in another close to home get together, i mean apostofest. Of course Wild Turkey gets the spooks about that kind of thing, but you know we talked about it and what harm could it do............ may prove there is a spirit life out there after all........ !!!! As for the harm, I would be willing to deal with that ahhhahahhahahhaah.

Sounds like good pagan fun. Just let me know, and we will try to make the time to get there. Saturdays are good for us. Son has football on Friday nights. But we might can work things around.

Can't wait to see you and the gang again.............. woo hooooooooooo I am excited. I needed something to look forward to,,,,,,,,,,, great idea.............hugssssssss dede

• nancee park
    nancee park

See the part in red below on Halloween's real origins:

THE REAL TRUTH TO BEAR WITNESS ABOUT: There are many nice Jehovah's Witnesses (JWs) but the Governing Body of the Watchtower Society (WTS) over them, and most local WTS elders cover up child molestation and let JW pedophiles go door-to-door as proved at http://www.silentlambs.org or phone toll-free 1 877-WT-ABUSE, misteach about things such as the holidays etc.

Beginning with the first concern, here's a UK WTS elder handcuffed for prison because a pedophile:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/england/newsid_2123000/2123546.stm WTS leaks state that over 23,000 JW pedophiles are on file at WTS Bethel
    headquarters in Brooklyn, New York (USA), most unrevealed to police despite Romans 13:1. That at least one pedophile was on the Governing Body of the WTS in the 1980s if not now also is documented:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=5466&site=3 Convicted Ministerial Servant/Elder pedophiles include Gregory Blackstone at Hollis, New Hampshire; Larry Baker at Augusta, Maine; Tim Gardner at Richmond, Missouri; Manual Beliz at Othello, WA; others in the UK, France, Norway, Australia etc

WTS Awake and Watchtower magazines and elders say God opposes the UN but, until exposed, in 1991-2001 the WTS was secretly a formal U.N. associate not just to use the U.N.'s library as proved if you read the Nov 22, 1998 Awake magazine and use Search at the top at jehovahs-witness.org with "UN" or "U.N." Besides, the U.N. does not even require a group to become an official associate group in order to get a card to use its library! After this was publicized on the internet the official U.N. ties were cut but not all unofficial ties:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=34436&site=3 Christ said families would be split by those doing right and those doing wrong but WTS has formal Judicial Committees destroying families via numerous formal renderings of disfellowshipment (severe shunning). 1 Cor 6:1 only says judge "trivial" things as in business, James 2:4-13 calls judging harmful, and Paul says the "majority" (2 Cor 2:6) followed his advice to shun a wrongdoer, meaning a Minority chose not to and yet he nowhere condemns them.

Acts 15:20 says abstain from blood but 1 Sam 14:32-5 says Saul's army ate unBLED meat to not starve and no verses show God not forgiving them. Christ says God also forgave David's eating temple holy bread and that God wants Mercy Not Sacrifice. (Mt 12) The May 22, 1994 Awake tells of 26 JW kids who died without transfusions, and by common sense in massive bleeding as in car wrecks blood expanders won't save lives
    http://www.ajwrb.org. About 3 JWs die daily earthwide from the unscriptural policy! (Blood On The Altar by David Reed) Yet most normal identical twins transfuse whole blood to each other through a shared placenta and childrens' whole blood is sometimes found in mothers years after birth.

WTS says Christ was likely born about Oct 2, so why ignore counting back 9 months for normal conception or genetic-level birth means he was born in late December? Why insist Christmas is from the pagan Saturnalia when John 10:22-3 says Christ also celebrated the Festival of Dedication or Lights, i.e. Hannukah, which first began Dec 25 but has varied since because lunar-based? Job 1:3, 3:1-3 show Job's kids celebrated birthdays if you read all 3 verses to see day of birth is meant. At Luke 2 angels themselves celebrated Christ's birth. Santa is from Saint Nicholas, an actual red-robed Christian gift-giving elder of the Middle Ages, not a wizard or pagan god. The word Easter may as easily be from the Anglo-Saxon word eastern (Christianity came from East of England) as from the goddess Eastre, the eggs as likely from the Jewish passover egg as from paganry, common sense saying early Christians more likely using eggs and rabbits to symbolize the hope for new life by resurrection than as vesiges of pagan fertility or sex rites!

Halloween came from All Hallows (Holy Ones/Saints) Evening when parents had children dress as saints to encourage them to be good, the normally harmless pranks coming from Ireland where maybe or maybe not taken from pagans even as wedding rings, names of days, months, some Christian names in the Bible like Apollos and Jason also came from pagans. Why does the WTS call compromises holidays that attacked and replaced paganisms especially since Colossians 2:16 says let none judge you about a holiday or Sabbaths? WTS calls a cross a repugnant murder weapon but Paul said boast in it as a symbol of resurrection over death. (Ga 6:14, 1Cor 1:17-18) They say it was a stake but human remains and inscriptions show archaeologists the stauros was a cross not stake, Dr F Zugibe's research shows suffocation would be in minutes if on a stake but in hours if on outstretched cross per Lu 23:44 and Mat 27:45-6, and the word stauros can mean not just stake but cross.

Although almost only the United Pentecostals and a few related groups teach that Jesus is God Almighty (Jehovah) Himself, WTS says the Trinity is believing Father, Son, Spirit are one "identical" person and falsely say most all Protestant and Catholic churches teach that, even though the fact is that most all other Protestant and Catholic groups accept the trinity idea as being three totally different entities or persons always from when time started forming one "Godship" as Romans 1:20 says, and with Son and Spirit sharing inherited age, power, knowledge from God remindful of how an acorn may be only one day old but also have its genes inheriting its ancestral oak tree's age, capacity and information!
    Members are told report on each other although the Bible condemns busy-bodying. Nor are regular JWs allowed to read Judicial Committee "sin files" on themselves, many not knowing they exist often with misinformation and kept at Brooklyn's Bethel headquarters even if destroyed locally after seven years. Page 232 in the Insight book shows a picture of the Pay Attention To Yourselves And All The Flock book that elders have but do not allow non-elders to read. Page 302 in the Daniel book and pages 88 and 651 in the Proclaimers book show photos of the Knights Templar swords and the cross-with-crown-and-wreath used by Masons who sometimes use "Theocratic Warfare" tactics to change members' personalities on early WTS literature. Not surprisingly with the pedophile and other scandals, many good JWs have also complained of visual and electronic spying and harassment, including physically! Some old WT books also have the winged sun god Ra on front covers - never a Christian symbol.

Many Jehovah's Witnesses staying JWs are cutting time and money given the WTS which is declared "apostate" by silentlambs.org for endangering children, the secret U.N. liason etc. Many exJWs meet for fun (
    http://exjw.meetup.com/ ), get a newsletter from a "Free Christians" fellowship united by love which is greater than forced same beliefs (Col 3:14, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jahchristian/), join a church etc. This was written out of love for our JW families and friends as well as the public's - yours too! Please help out silentlambs.org (1 877-WT-ABUSE) in fighting for the children by making and distributing more copies today!

• DJ
    DJ

Hi

I didn't read Nancee's post but I think that you guys have lost your minds. Can't you think of something better to do with your time? Why on earth would you want to mess with a spirit medium? Fun? I'd err on the side of caution on this decision.

• nancee park
    nancee park

Contrary to Watchtower teachings, Halloween came from All Hallows (Holy Ones/Saints) Evening when parents had children dress as saints to encourage them to be good, the normally harmless pranks coming from Ireland where maybe or maybe not taken from pagans even as wedding rings, names of days, months, some Christian names in the Bible like Apollos and Jason also came from pagans. Also the WTS wrongly calls "compromises" holidays that attacked and replaced paganisms especially since Paul at Colossians 2:16 says "let none judge you about a holiday or Sabbaths."

Watchtower also calls a cross a repugnant murder weapon but Paul said boast in it as a symbol of resurrection over death. (Ga 6:14, 1Cor 1:17-18) They say it was a stake but human remains and inscriptions show archaeologists the stauros was a cross not stake, Dr F Zugibe's research shows suffocation would be in minutes if on a stake but in hours if on outstretched cross per Lu 23:44 and Mat 27:45-6, and the word stauros can mean not just stake but cross.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

No I can not find anything better to do with my time. Let's see here is what my days are like, not complaining just explaining , K? ................Clean house, mop the floor, wash clothes, fold clothes, wash more clothes, wash dishes, again and again, ( dont like dishwashers) , mop the floor again, teach my two kids at home ( for now next year those two ar in school!!), short order cook when someone is hungry, feed the animals, wash more dishes, sneak a break to watch some soaps, read post, relpy to post, throw dog out for peeing on the wall, get dinner ready, wash more dishes, help kids with homework, go to football games, listen to kids fight, send kids to room for fighting, listen to kids many problems of how bored they are, fight many headaches , Aleve doesnt work, oh and did I mention wash dishes.( Worlds longest run on sentence whooo hooo)

So I think the Halloween party is just what this burnt out mom needs. A fun time with my girlfriends and I am not afraid to try new things. I might get burned, but I love thrills, .......... hey sixflags would be a blast for just us adults, don't tell the kids we are going. Rollercoasters, and lots of spooky halloween themes all over the place.

Now I will draw the line on any child sacrifies, animal sacrifies, or pledging my soul to Satan, other than that, I am up for anything, heeheheehhhehehhehheheheheeehe

I guess I am in a playful mood, so forgive me .........lol

• DJ
    DJ

Lyin,

I have a life similar to yours. I'm a mother of 2. Anyway, please take what I'm saying in the spirit in which it is said. I am not condemning you or saying that you have nothing to do with your days. I am simply saying that if you have not come to the conclusion yet.....that there is no God.......then why would you want to purposefully go somewhere and do something (listen to a spirit medium) when you know that he hates that. If you didn't know, then that's one thing but i think you probably do know that he hates it. I think that someday, when/if you decide on atheism then go and feel free to entertain these people.

Remember John 1:1 as we were taught it? the "a god" part. That translation came from Johannes Greber whose wife was a spirit medium and taught him this translation. This is fact. It's very well documented and the WT has gotten caught with their lying feet in their mouths over it. IMHO, this is only one of the times that spirit mediums have guided their teachings. I just think it's a bad idea and you ought to consider it more carefully.

Love, Donna

p.s. Did you ever get my e-mail w/ regard to your thread posted on another site?

• Xander
    Xander

Halloween came from All Hallows (Holy Ones/Saints) Evening when parents had children dress as saints to encourage them to be good

Oh, and of course, the early christians were the first to celebrate this Sabbat.

Indeed, the fact that the customs addopted by those christians are similar to the older, pagan, celebration of Samhain ON THAT SAME DAY are completely coincidental.

Sorry, hun, but you're quoting from a fundie reconstructionist who's trying to claim all holidays are christian.

They aren't.

The WT is actually correct about their origins.

• Xander
    Xander

which first began Dec 25 but has varied since because lunar-based

Ummm....because Hannukah doesn't involve decorating a tree, a single day of gift giving, and all the other trappings of a modern christmas (Yule log, mistletoe, etc.) whereas the pagan holidays did?

The word Easter may as easily be from the Anglo-Saxon word eastern (Christianity came from East of England) as from the goddess Eastre, the eggs as likely from the Jewish passover egg as from paganry, common sense saying early Christians more likely using eggs and rabbits to symbolize the hope for new life by resurrection than as vesiges of pagan fertility or sex rites!

Oh,and, of course, the timing on this one is just coincidental, too? Spring equinox anyone?

Here's a hint for free:

All equinoxes and solstices (4 per year) and the date directly between them (4 per year) had pagan holidays to celebrate. That's 8 total pagan holidays per year - and that has been true pretty much since the beginning of time (at least, the beginning of man identifying the need for gods).

They are:

YULE December 21st:
    The celebration of the winter solstice, the shortest day of the year. It is the celebration rebirth of the Sun, which is the promise of spring and life even on this the darkest day. Therefore some consider this the new year. The burning of the log is to give the Sun strength. Mumming (plays) such as "St. George" is a Pagan survival , it represents the rebirth of the God. Wassailing or is also a Pagan custom. The Roman festival of the Solstice was Saturnalia, which lasted from December 17th to the 24th.
    Click here for more on Yule

IMBOLC, February 2: February is a purifactory month, bonfires are held now. In the Christian calendar this festival was converted to the Feast of the Purification of the Virgin (Mary). Candles for the following year were purified in the western church - therefore we get the name Candlemas.Click here for more on Imbolc
    OSTARA, March 21:The celebration of the Vernal (Spring) Equinox. Day & Night are equal length. It is a time for planting and celebrating the first signs of fertility and rebirth. Symbols of Ostara like eggs, chicks, and rabbits have been adopted by Christians in their Easter holiday. The word, Easter is from the goddess Eostra, Ishtar or Astarte. Click here to learn more
    BELTANE, May 1: May Day.Beltane celebrates the Marriage of the Goddess and the God,the goddess is thought to conceive the Divine Child at this time,to which she will give birth to at Yule. The maypole dance is symbolic of the union of the goddess and the god . Pagan Handfastings occur at this time. Also this is an excellent holiday to perform sex magick .Click here for more on Beltane

MIDSUMMER,June 21:
    The Summer Solstice a celebration in honor of the Sun-God . Traditional Pagan activities of Midsummer is to leap across bonfires to promote fertility of animals and crops.
    Click here for more on Midsummer

LUGHNASADH,August 1:
    Also known as Lamma, this is the first of the three Harvest festivals. The first fruits of the annual harvest are reaped, and the days grow shorter.
    Click here for more on Lammas

MABON September 21:
    The Autumnal Equinox, is the second of the Harvest holidays. Mabon is a time to recognize what we have and to begin preparing for the coming winter.Click here for more on Mabon.

SAMHAIN, October 31:
    Death, the third of the Harvest holidays, the ending of the cycle, death, but with the hope of rebirth and the New Year.The traditional time for the annual slaughter to ensure food throughout the winter months. Take this time to remember departed ones. In some traditions the end of the year . The separation between this physical world and the spiritworld is thin. Halloween customs are a part of this element of death, the thin line at this cycle and remembering the dead and the hopes of rebirth. On this night Magick is more powerful .click here for more on Samhain.

You'll notice the dates. Many of the major ones (the solstices and the equinoxes) have christian holidays in their place today.

Why?

Who knows - probably to get converts, though. Or, as fragmented as the early church was, it may have just been errors as local parishes continued celebrating festivals they always had while their ministers adopted a more christian explanation for them.

Edited by - Xander on 26 September 2002 17:41:18

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit