Hello Everyone

by MarieK 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Hello MarieK. I'm glad that you are here. It took me ages to sign up, then ages to feel as though I could post. It was a relief not to be attacked for my thoughts. It is a good site with so many very smart people, who know their stuff.

It's not all about attack, although at times people have a good old rant to let off some steam. It has been a good experience for me and it will be a good one for you as you realise that people "out in the world" are not bad at all. If anything, they are broad in their thinking.........

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Dear MarieK, welcome to this forum.

You'll find many, many here who have experienced what you're going through now - the fear of posting for the first time on an "apostate" website (yes, those that the WT would have you believe are Satan's work), the anger of finding out that you have been duped by an organization whom you entrusted your life with, and the frustration for the wasted years serving this unworthy slavemaster. You'll find many here who will relate with your story and will offer you support. It won't be long until you feel more comfortable in expressing yourself, when you start finding out that the people who post here are just like yourself, who, one way or the other, woke up to the cold hard "truth about the truth" and could never look at the WTS the same way again.

This forum opens the door to many excellent resources about the WTS - the kind of information that the GB so desperately warns you against because it's so damning for them.

It's excellent to know that your husband is on your side as you both wake up to reality. That will be a great asset in the future, trust me.

Eden

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Welcome MarieK to this site,

I remember how gut wrenching it was in composition of my first post here. It does take bravery. Bravery to accept that you have been conned or duped into believe the WTBTS lies. Bravery to accept that you hooked up with and believed the lies of the likes of "Bernie Madoff".

Again, WELCOME!

I'm glad that your husband is awake. That is a huge plus. When I first told my wife about my suspicions about the organization, I was concerned about her reaction. But we survived. it is a new journey. Sit back and enjoy it. I'm finally coming to accept the last fifty years.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Learning TTATT is a real kick in the nuts for people who were blinded for so long...just remember the pain won't last for ever.

now yu could start a new life.

• Funchback
    Funchback
    The kicker for me, the main source of my anger? Finding out about the ties to the UN!!!

That's what did it for me too. I hope you find your happy place.

Brian

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

wasted years of my life, not pursing my dreams

The rest of your real life begins now! You can still pursue your dreams.

No, it won't be the same as never being a JW, but an exJW life can be a very wonderful life!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Hi there Marie. Look forward to hearing from you.
  • clarity
    clarity

Welcome to you and your family Marie! Leaving a cult is very exhausting, it takes huge energy to escape & drop all that mind screw. You guys will feel as though you are on a rollercoaster ride with all the ups & downs, the big highs & the disturbing lows. You are heading out on a path called FREEDOM! Congratulations.

clarity

• DJS
    DJS

MarieK,

Welcome to the site and to freedom. We've been there; we understand.

• millie210
    millie210
    Hi and welcome! You are among friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit