2 Dead, 3 Missing in Texas Boating Accident

by Funchback 20 Replies latest social current

• Funchback
    Funchback

Old Hip... As I thought more about this, the only way the reporter could know that they were JW's would be if, whoever he interviewed, VOLUNTEERED the information. I'm sure one of his investigative questions wasn't "So, what religion were they?"

You know how JWs are...They always flaunt their religion, no matter how simple OR how tragic the event is. Think about it, Hip. You asked, "Would it have been stated that 'the families were Catholics'?" Probably not, because the people getting interviewed wouldn't say, "We're Catholic and we were just out having some fun" or something to that effect. Only JWs start off sentences with "We're Jehovah's Witnesses and...". Why? Because that's part of the "drill".

First day in school? Tell everyone you're a JW. First day at a new job? Tell everyone you're a JW. Do a favor for someone? Be sure to give a witness by telling them you're a JW. Change a flat tire for a stranded motorist? Be sure to tell them that you are a JW. Find a large sum of lost money? Turn it in and tell them, NOT that you are a good Samaritan, but that you are one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

This is the only reason why this is even stated in the article. Likely, more than one interviewee volunteered the JW information and the reporter deemed it appropriate that it's important for those involved.

Edited by - Funchback on 26 September 2002 9:59:11

• Matty
    Matty

Funchback, how true. Witnesses are programmed to tell absolutely everyone their religion, particularly the media.

Even if their religion has no relevance whatsoever in the context of what was done or said, they still have to slip it in someway or somehow!

• Funchback
    Funchback

Yup, Matty! No matter what the situation involving a media-worthy event, a JW always has to start off by saying..."I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses..."

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"a JW always has to start off by saying ..."

I don't! So much for generalization!

• Matty
    Matty

And I don't think I would have either, but certainly many do.

Also, if a witness home is featured on a television programme for any reason, ensuring that the society's publications get a prominent view is usually the first thing that comes to mind.

• Scully
    Scully

Funchie...

Those were all great questions you asked with regard to this unfortunate tragedy. But you missed some important ones:

• Where was Jehovah when all this was happening??
    • Why didn't Jehovah protect His "name people"??
    • Does God care?
    • Did God lie when He 'inspired' it to be written: "The name of Jehovah is a strong tower. Into it the righteous runs and is given protection"? (Proverbs 18:10)

Love, Scully

Edited by - Scully on 27 September 2002 8:24:24

• Funchback
    Funchback

Hippie...

Perhaps I shouldn't have said "all". I'll concede on that point. But...

You don't deny this:

"First day in school? Tell everyone you're a JW. First day at a new job? Tell everyone you're a JW. Do a favor for someone? Be sure to give a witness by telling them you're a JW. Change a flat tire for a stranded motorist? Be sure to tell them that you are a JW. Find a large sum of lost money? Turn it in and tell them, NOT that you are a good Samaritan, but that you are one of Jehovah's Witnesses."

And if you DON'T do those things as an active JW, most of your JW peers will think that you lack faith or are ashamed of your God (or religion).

Thus, I stand by my point that JWs, for the most part, start off (or, at least very early in the discussion or the event) by saying, "I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses..." It's strongly urged (required?). If you don't believe that then you are not reading the last page (back cover) of your WTs and Awake!s.

Edited by - Funchback on 27 September 2002 8:45:56

• Funchback
    Funchback

Scully-

Don't you know that, if you're breaking the law or putting your life at risk, Jehovah withdraws His protection?

• Scully
    Scully

Funchie:

Don't you know that, if you're breaking the law or putting your life at risk, Jehovah withdraws His protection?

Gosh, then it's just too damn bad that this didn't happen 100 years ago when there were no such things as safety codes, personal floatation devices and motor boats. That Jehovah is just one heartless bugger.

Love, Scully

• Funchback
    Funchback

See Scully? That's why I love you, man!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit