5 Steps the Watchtower Society must take.

by Amazing 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

Here is what I believe the Watchtower Society needs to do in 5 clear steps. That is if they are to avoid the coming "trainwreck" of being forced out of business:

1. Take full and complete responsibility for their part in the bad policies with respect to Blood, Sexual Molestation, and Shunning.

2. Immediately report and turn over to the authorities all records of all child molesters in their religion.

3. Offer all JW and non-JW victims affected by their bad molestation and blood and shunning policies any needed financial support to get any needed therapy or financial help where victims have lost valueables.

4. Immediately change their policy to a Zero Tolerance program for pedophiles, continuing this process as each new molester emerges. End shunning and terminate their no-blood policy.

5. Don't just apologize, but BEG FOR FORGIVENESS for their extreme sins against the victims, their families and friends and the non-JW community.

The Watchtower religion can never do any of the above, because they lack even a shred of the most basic kind of humility or concern for people ... because they are not anywhere close to being any kind of godly or Christian religion ... they are rather a freak organization. They will have to be sued out of exitence to get even the meagerest of justice from them.

Edited by - Amazing on 24 September 2002 10:8:47

• rocky220
    rocky220

Amazing, you are absolutely right....a few of them would have to leave in handcuffs in front of news cameras for illegally withholding sex abuse files that should have been turned over to the proper authorities LONG TIME AGO!!!!!!!.........rocky220

Edited by - rocky220 on 24 September 2002 10:15:43

• Francois
    Francois

AND THEY SHOULD:

Stop the shunning bullshit. There's not one JW, elder or not, whose hands are so clean they should sit in that kind of judgement of another human. Stop disfellowshipping and shunning. Do it right now. If you can't hold onto your membership with your hands open wide - they were never your members in the first place.

Shut up about other religions. I can't see you're better than ANY OTHER RELIGION.

Stop lying, flip-flopping, and in general playing Ring Around the Rosie with your so-called theology, making unlikely interpretations of scripture to cover your ass. Nobody buys it but yourself, and I doubt even that.

Stick to what you're supposed to be doing: taking CARE of widows and orphans, not taking ADVANTAGE of widows and orphans.

You know what? Thinking about all you need to do right now to get your shit straight, I think it would be much, much better for you, us, and humanity in general for you to just fold up, close up, and sneak off into the night. You're beyond redemption. In my opinion, you bastards have been sinning against the Holy Spirit for decades. You're dead men, you're toast, fini, done, fried to a delicate crisp.

I sure wouldn't want your karma. I wouldn't want to have to stand before the living God and explain all I'd been doing in HIS name. Boy, are you guys gonna get it.

francois

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

The Watchtower cannot do the above because there are NO checks and balances watching over them in and out side the corporation.

Without checks and balances all corporations and governments run into problems.

So that is the first step Amasing - putting a proper checks and balances system is place that has inside and outside observers and then deal with all of your 5 points and the many more I can think of.

One final point - the reason that they will never turn over the documents is typical of any corporation. There is a chance that they may have violated the law, that the documents can be used against them in a civil action and of course, negative press.

hawk

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

A lot of the iNterpretation I expererinced as regard to taking cARE OF WIDOWS and ORPHANS when I found myself W/ O A MAN WAS JUST THAT -- WAS TO BE TAKEN ADVATAGED OF sexually. etc..I prefer to take care of me and no strings sttsched..queenie

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

As I can subscibe to much of what is written above, why the need to wrap it in derogotary language?
    Points can be made, and even be appreciated by a larger audience, if the wrapping is somewhat more sober.

This is not meant as criticism, but friendly advice from a long-time lurker!

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

WT Self Preservation has always been their foremost goal. Even at the expense of their sheep. If push came to shove, would the WT do these things to stay "alive?" The situation would have to be very severe.

Remember, this action would rip them of their self proclaimed "Faithful and Discreet" servant of God and thus, make them ill-relevant.

They dont give a rats ass about the Law. Its Satans world, law, etc., and they are very good about going underground to get around the law, as they have shown in many countries. Hey, if it gets too hot in the US, they can always relocate in Switzerland, where probably most of their money is already!

Edited by - thichi on 24 September 2002 11:13:21

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Your post is great Amazing.

But, the fact remains that the borg is "tuned out" as far as the reality of what is happening. They simply cannot allow themselves to react humanly to the Silent Lambs situation, and therefore refuse to see their responsibility.

They are truly blinded. Blinded to common sense and common decency. They feel they are "above" the rest of society, separate and apart. No part of this world.

We hope they will change. We hope they will apologize. We hope because we are decent human beings, but they will not get down off their almighty soap box of superiority. And, because they so stubbornly refuse to behave rationally, they will no doubt tumble and fall from that high place they've set up for themselves. When that happens, they will hurt even more innocent people.

I can see it coming, can't you?

Sentinel/Karen

• scumrat
    scumrat

Tax exempt status should be taken away from this publishing company disguised as a religion. Look at the fruit it bears. Broken families, Criminal cover-ups, Deaths. Suicides.

By their fruits you will recognize them. They are a Corporation not a Religion. Take a look at their holdings. By following those 5 steps they risk losing their most precious assets. Money and the people who donate it.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Amazing,

Here is what I believe the Watchtower Society needs to do in 5 clear steps. That is if they are to avoid the coming "trainwreck" of being forced out of business:

They will not be "forced out of business", Amazing. That is a gross exaggeration or wishful thinking maybe. Jehovah's Witnesses will continue.

IW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit