Well I FINALLY....................................

by Jesika 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Jesika
    Jesika

GOT A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooooooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

It is in a place I like working and it is only for Friday and Saturday nights right now. I am going to be waiting tables at a local pool hall. I like shooting pool and drinking beer (not that I can drink on the job--but I can get a discount) and have been around both since I was 7 (yes I was drinking beer at 7), so it feels like home when I work in a bar. I know that sounds bad, but my personality does well in this environment, and the fact that I have been working in bars for 6yrs, it is hard to have a "desk job". I have usually done well when it comes to making money through tips and right now I am really excited to start bringing in my own money--not to mention I can keep my clothes on which is a big plus for me and my boyfriend--LOL. I have tried to get other work and will continue to, but this was the first thing to come through and it is something I am familiar with, so untill something better comes along--I can work parttime.

*doing the I have a job dance*

Jes

• Lin
    Lin

Congrats Jes! Maybe BigTex will have a nice "pop the cork" little pic for ya. He has a cute one with popcorn too. haha

• Quotes
    Quotes

You go girl!

You will have to host the next local Apostofest!

• Jesika
    Jesika

I used to bartend, so I am hoping I can work myself into a relief bartender every once in a while.

Thanx guys-------I am sooooooo excited, things are starting to look up--first I get to go to the march, see my family for a bit, and now the job!! I can't wait to see what is next!!!!! Oh, wait a minute--after Alex (my boyfriend) finishes this project at work, we are going to Vegas for the first time with some of his co-workers. Maybe I will have ladyluck with me (more like lady drunk--LMAO).

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Jesika:

I'm glad you got the job. It may not be the perfect job but I know jobs are hard to come by in Dallas right now and I'm glad you have one. And you can make decent money as a bartender.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

JESIKA!!!!! That's great! WOW! Here's to ya Jes! Cheers!!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Top of the day to ya! Jesika Congrats!

• onacruse
    onacruse

*doing the I have a job dance*

Boy, do I know how THAT feels!!!!

Good for you, Jes....you are a fighter, and new opportunities will come your way, that's for sure!

Craig

• ugg
    ugg

happy happy for you!!! congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Congrats, Jesika! I have been waiting on pins and needles to see how it turned out..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit