Special assembly day

by comment 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

: If Jehovah wants us to prepare for our meetings, it must be for our benefit."

"If the Queen had testicles, she' be the...." Well, you know the routine. At least they used the word "if", even though to the R&F that word doesn't mean what it means to normal people.

: "We're sure that none here would want to stay in Grade One of Bible understanding."

Why? The society's been there for 125 years.

: "If you walk the line between good and bad, you'll get spiritual hoof-and-mouth disease and the other brothers will cut you off."

That ranks as one of the lamest analogies I've ever seen. "Spiritual" hoof-and-mouth disease? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I hope you brought your barf bag to that assembly. I would.

Farkel

• unanswered
    unanswered

""Scriptures that I read casually at one time now take on an entirely new
    meaning."

ROFLMAO-i think this what gets the WT into so much trouble, taking scriptures one at a time and reading too much into them, then, voila!, "new light"!

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Hi Gang-

Back in 1943, the Watchtower made it clear that the organization's directions for working the territory should be viewed as coming from God Himself. Take a look at this link.

http://www.jwfiles.com/scans/WT7-1-43p205.htm

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Shauna, I was pioneering for a couple of years before they reduced the hourly requirement. It was obvious that they did it when people were at their final breaking point.

Like yourself, for years many of us could see people dropping off "the list" and just how unrealistic it was to make a living and pioneer at the same time. I believe they made the change simply because the numbers necessitated it.

The same will likely go for the meetings. Right now many bookstudies are being moved to Saturday morning groups to free up another weeknight. This can only work for so long before necessity will demand further change. Either they lessen the number of meetings, or the publishers will lesson their load themselves and cut out where they need to.

If they ever do lessen the meetings, I don't know what they'll do with that illustration about "which of your 5 fingers would you like to lose?"

Path

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

for the benefit of us who never caught on to the changes in "light" found in the united book, would someone like to share these for the benefit of the board. . .

Thank you in advance

CHUCK

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Comment:

Btw, how many baptized at the SAD?

Expatbrit

• comment
    comment

Expatbrit: At the one I was at, there were 4 baptized. However, I was in touch with someone who attended another one, and there were zero baptized there.

comment

• Prisca
    Prisca
    Either they lessen the number of meetings, or the publishers will lesson their load themselves and cut out where they need to.

That's what I did. I reduced my meeting attendence to zero. Never felt better and more refreshed, btw!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit