JWs mentioned on Coronation Street !

by Simon 16 Replies latest jw friends

• KenUK
    KenUK

Simon

"Say it ain't so....." You weren't watching Coronation Street... or did Angharad tell you about it:-))

Ken

• chachasmum
    chachasmum

CORONATION STREET

I grew up watching this show LOL, back in the days of Stan and Hilda Hogdon, Ena Sharples, Bette Lynch. I would not know the characters now haven't watched it in twenty years. It was funny back then. How is it now?

• Derrick
    Derrick

LOL, for some crazy reason I recall an X-Files episode where a farmer answers the door to find FBI agents Skully and Mulder on his porch. Skully identifies herself as "Special Agent for the FBI" and the farmer asks, "is that the Jehovah's Witnesses?" to which she replies, "No, Sir, we are with the FBI." Mulder immediately reaches into his suit blazer pocket as he quips with a hint of sarcasm, "but I can offer you a free issue of the Watchtower."

Derrick

• Englishman
    Englishman

I was 13 when Coronation Street was first broadcast. My parents had given much prayerful consideration back then as to whether to buy a telly or not, TV was, at the time, considered to be for only weak witnesses.

I switched it on and here's what I saw:

Are these 3 beauties still the main stars?

Englishman.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

My Grandmother would watch Coronation Street and Crossroads (remember that?) every night it was on!

The theme tunes...nahhhh...nah nah nah nah nah...nahhhh...nah nah nah nah nah..nah nah nah...nah........plinky plonky music.....

Spanner

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Simon,we get Coronation Street in the Great White North.I watch it every once in a while.The dubs are laughed at constantly on TV.The X-files,The Simpsons and so many more...OUTLAW

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Fizz (the plump girl with the ginger hair) tells her friend Toya Battersby that her mum used to tell them they were Jehovahs Witnesses so she didn't have to but them Christmas and Birthday presents.

Awww! So they are getting more negative publicity in which it is showing (accurately mind you if you are aware of JW practices and beliefs) that they are CHEAP and PARTY-POOPERS who dont get presents and have parties like everyone else.

Such public service announcements (chuckle) are sure to send kids flocking to the Kingdumb Hall in droves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit