JWs mentioned on Coronation Street !

by Simon 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

ha ha ... 'we' got a mention on Coronation Street

Fizz (the plump girl with the ginger hair) tells her friend Toya Battersby that her mum used to tell them they were Jehovahs Witnesses so she didn't have to but them Christmas and Birthday presents.

lol

• Funchback
    Funchback

I never heard of Coronation Street.

But one time on Sesame Street, Big Bird shooed some JW's away from his nest.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

LOL Funchback.........I spewed coffee on that one!

• Monster
    Monster

LOL So they are good for something after all.

• Scully
    Scully

Coronation Street is a long-running British "soap opera". Even longer running than All My Children and Days of Our Lives.

I don't know if you folks in the USA can even see it, although it's broadcast in Canada on the CBC.

I wonder if they got that mention as a result of Panorama??

Love, Scully

• Jourles
    Jourles

Another show, or should I say movie, that the wife and I watched last night was Showtime, with Robert de Niro and Eddie Murphy. There was one scene where Eddie was outside of Robert's apartment and was waiting for Robert to ask him in. He said something like, "Now why you wanna leave me out here in the hallway like a Jehovah's Witness? You're supposed to ask me in."

The wife even got a chuckle out of that one.

Edited by - Jourles on 23 September 2002 17:14:34

• RandomTask
    RandomTask
    Coronation Street is a long-running British "soap opera". Even longer running than All My Children and Days of Our Lives.

Ohhh, ohhh, but is it longer running than General Hospital, which has been running since pre-telivision days on radio?

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I was watching "Coming to America" last night with Eddie Murphy. The girl that like Eddie, her father and he answered the door, when he came back he said "it was only Jehovah's Witnesses".

Will

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I remember my summer in Northern Ireland in 1981. I spent the summer with my pen pal from high school in a town in County Tyrone. Wonderful little village. We would watch Coronation Street when it was on. I got hooked on it and after 3 months, I came back to USA. I think I remember reading where the late Princess Diana was a big fan of CS.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Saw it too Simon.......... of course I don't watch it normally, it just happened to be on.................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit