Mass Action Suits for various other damages.This would be done on a
    contingency basis. I received a letter from them which is posted under the
    heading "LEGAL".
    I would be interested in hearing from you on whether this is of interest
    to you or would you rather pay a Law Firm to take action on a variety of
    issues and receive more of a settlement. It may be many, many, many years
    before other Class Action Suits begin by them and you may not want to wait
    that long. Even if a particular Mass Action Suit is unsuccessfull, the
    media coverage would be very damaging to the WTS and may cause reform. To me
    that alone would be worth $100. Because of extensive bad media coverage the
    WTS may even wish to settle out of court.
    The Law Firm of Matthew Laurich and Associates , Barristers and
    Solicitors of Calgary, Alberta has agreed to act as Trustee and hold monies
    in trust for any Class Action Suits. You can read more under the heading
    "Contact Us". I will be looking forward to your input.
    Lawrence Hughes

CPV Group
    ARCHITECTS & ENGINEERS Ltd.

403 262 5511 T
    403 262 5519 F
    www.cpvgroup.com

• Realist
    Realist

excellent!

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Well done. I hope that it is effective.

• Satanus
    Satanus

WOW!!! At some future time, i may be calling up people in the cong where i was dfd, and do a little poking w a sharp stick, spiritually speaking, of course.

SS

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Randy,

Please edit your thread title.

These are NOT "class actions".

This is suppose to be a "Mass" action from what I am led to believe.

I frankly am still a little ... well not thoroughly thrilled about this at this time.

There is very little information here on the legal side of this web site .....

If you are a victim I would urge extreme caution in this "mass action" process at this time until more legal work is published or obtained. I would at least suggest that people investigate this thoroughly. For example, the legal firm who wishes to get involved - can they actually front the costs as they have suggested? Remember we are going down a path that no one has been sucessful at so far and thus, there is a lot of lawyering to be done.

I would also urge you to get good legal advice from a professional lawyer who is licenced in your state or province prior to going down this path.

After you have the facts and if you feel comfortable with this legal counsel at this web site, then feel free to go for it. But not until you have thoroughly got all the facts.

hawk

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

I second what Hawk said, for what it's worth. Be careful!

• JT
    JT

while i agree on the need for caution, but one thing is for sure

regardles of whether they win or get any money, a couple of things are for sure

1. WT legal will be up to his neck in legal filings- imagine getting hit from all sides with legal papers being served on you- it will spread wt so thin it ain't funny and the bringing in of outside firms is very risky

wt as we all know has thier own LINGO and meaning

with a lawyer who is a jw he or she knows all the PURE LANGUAGE, but some $700 per hour law firm- welll that is a different story

just consider the concept of Theocratic War- only a jw knows how and when to invoke this dogma

and let us not for get the most important thing wt cherishes even above kids

THEIR IMAGINE -

so these type cases will keep the jw name out their constantly being associated with child molester

for many of us we know how well the wt has been able to demonize certain words

1. COLLEGE

2. INTERNET

well now they are gettting a taste of their medicince

just imagine the phrase jw is no longer being associated with folks waking you up on sat morning but intstead the religion that:

REQUIRES A 6 YEAR TO HAVE AN EYE WITNESS TO A 45YR OLD MAN MOLESTING HER BEFORE THE CHURCH CAN DO ANYTHING

now that is not what wt wants a householder to think of first when you knock on that door

ARe you famimliar with JW sir

o yea you all are the ones that require kids to bring an eye witness to them being sexually abused

o yea i know about you people

smile

SMILE

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I need to add my input and agree with Hawk and Sam

Proceed with extreme caution. And the very least take plenty of time to consider anything before making such a decision.

plum

• deddaisy
    deddaisy
    These are NOT "class actions". This is suppose to be a "Mass" action from what I am led to believe.

All right, I give. What the h--- is a "mass" action? A class action is a suit by or against an entire class, whose members are too numerous for a joinder. (A joinder being the uniting of parties making claims or defending against an action.) From my understanding of Randy's post, there could be mass "class actions" suits targeting various issues, or there could be one "class action" targeting all issues, for which counsel would need to be paid. Either way, they would be "class actions." If I'm mistaken, please clarify the meaning of a "mass" action.

This would be done on a contingency basis.

This would be a good thing for those that do not have the funds to pay a lawyer. The legal fee is "contingent" on the outcome of the suit. If you lose, the lawyers take nothing. If you win, the lawyers take a percentage of the settlement. A class action is also good for those that are not willing to undertake the stress of a lawsuit on their own.

this is not advice, only a request for clarification

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Ded,

Go into Lawrence's web site and click under legal. Read it and then come back and ask a question if you need too.

As stated previously there is a NO class action lawsuit but a MASS action going on by one firm in the USA who I will stay neutral on since I know little about them.

Randy needs to change the title of this thread and quite frankly it would not hurt my feelings if he posted a "cautionary" message with his initial post in this thread.

Victims really should get their own advice first and not only from lawyers who have experience in these tyes of cases and are licenced in their states/provinces but also should seek mental counseling from trained and licenced professionals as well to ensure they understand what its all about and can they with stand it.

hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit