Abusing the power of tears. Yet another sign of desperation

by StarTrekAngel 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Dagney
    Dagney

They have to now play the emotion card. They didn't have to in the past because the ministry was more fruitful/rewarding. The field is dry and not interested in the least and they've had to evolve that effort to keep people somehow linked into their concept of preaching. But it is not personally rewarding standing by a trolley only talking to your mate.

Personal knowledge of doctrine and the Bible is downplayed and obedience is all that is required, The "carrot" of the paradise is really strong and the only thing they really have to offer.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

You called it "tear appeal." I call it "milking it" for all it's worth.

Another cult classic brought to you by the WT. Tissues not included and must be purchased seperately.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

I remember getting to the point where I said, "Well, if Jehovah knows my heart and still decides to kill me at Armageddon, I don't want to live in Paradise and I'll just have to do without seeing dead family members."

It was a glorious day when the emotional manipulation lost its hold.

Wishing all the truly soft-hearted dear ones could be awakened and get out to live real lives.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Yes, living in "fantasy land" is appealing to children playing make believe games.....but when it is practiced by adults...well, that is plain sad......
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

I remember when they taught, the churches plays on people emotions

in their church services. Their songs, especially in the Baptize and Holiness churches

folks are running, screaming and shouting glory hallelujah.

So now you are not playing on peoples emotions. Wow! Hypocrisy at it full.

I enjoyed the Baptize service when I was young. I could always count on sister hot

stuff jumping up doing Sunday service and running down the aisle, she had been

out partying Sat. night. Once i heard my mom whisper to my father, there she go again. LOL

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I have noticed an increased to what I would call "tear-appeal".

Another terminology that might be applicable would be emotional exploitation and manipulation.

Since the doctrines have gone rancid with falsity, you have to try another angle.

The WTS has actually been doing this for a very long time now , starting back when they first announced the return of Christ. in 1874 etc.

The WTS is kind of battling its own doctrines which were obviously contrived on maligning and deceptive means.

So why not take the money that the organization has gained through its real estate trans actions and sell their illusions differently , more direct to reach people's emotions rather their critical thinking skills.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS is not only going for people's insecurities and emotions , they are going to do it by video technology, which they perceive is a more effective approach.

• steve2
    steve2

Imagination is seductive - yet it is no substitute for facts and truth . However, your desperately emotional heart will make it nigh impossible for you to face the facts and the truth about what you have believed all your life.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There seems to also be a direct attack toward children like I've never seen before , pushing for kids to get baptized, influencing them to give the Org. money $$$

Really what bunch of manipulative sad sacks to go after children's money ... Good Grief

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

They are pushing for kids to get baptized because that is their ONLY hope. Sad!

The old ones are dying off and they are not converting new ones, so their only hope is the kids! The problem with this is, the kids are smarter than they are (especially when they hit the 20ish age). This is the social media/internet generation and they are a whole different ball game. If they don't like you...they simply unfriend you! As simple as that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit