Why are you looking forward to 2005?

by Nowhere 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heathen
    heathen

Put me down as a skeptic on this one . As a Jw once told me, If God told us exatly when to expect the end then people would only behave just long enough to save their worthless hides . lol

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    add 30 yrs for Adam to be left alone (and thus become an "adult" in the Hebrew sense of the word)

Your friend is wrong

The end came in 1987 because becomming an adult in the Hebrew sense of the word happens at the age of 12.

So we are now living in the thousand-year rein

That means Satan is asleep right now and we a re all flourishing. And, in the year 2,987 A.A. we will have reached perfection and Satan will wake up and attack us like mankind has never before in history been attacked. But only for a little while. Then when that is over Charles T and Rutherford will come back and say... "See"

• rocky220
    rocky220

HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!!!!8&>.........rocky220:?

• Dawn
    Dawn

I'm looking forward to 2005 because my son will have graduated highschool and be in college....wait....am I on the right subject here?

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Hi Showme,

I found out this information on the web. I was referred to the site by one of my family members. I don't have it written down, but I will certainly try to locate it. As usually, when I find one site, there are so many others. The web is filled with so much stuff.

I think if you just look up Mayan culture and then Edgar Cayce, you will be enlightened. I'll see what I can locate and email you.

Sentinel

• COMF
    COMF
    Frankly, I would think that if Jesus said 'at a time that you do not think to be it, the Son of Man is coming' and 'no one knows the day or the hour' then that means that no one can calculate that day and hour.

"Now is not the time to be toying with those words of Jesus." - WBTS

• Preston
    Preston

So, let me get this straight. Because Jesus would have been 30 years old in 2005 if he was born in 1975, then 2005 must be the date of the end of the world....okay....that's pretty dumb. Why don't they approach it from this was way: add the 4 numbers together in "2005" 2+0+0+5 = 7. "7" is a number identifying completion, so that's why 2005 is the date of armagedon. I just can't see why any well-meaning JW would invest in this crap...

• jst_me
    jst_me

I will only have one kid at home in 2005

that is what i am looking forward to~

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Assume for the sake of discussion, that 2005 is the end and Armageddon will be upon us. (I don't believe this, but bear with me). Does that mean that Jehovah's Witnesses are THE organisation that God approves of? Does that mean that they are correct and right in everything they are teaching and the way they conduct themselves? Wouldn't that mean that God does indeed condone and approve of pedophiles raping little children and then having the crime covered over? Wouldn't that mean God approved of the Witnesses jumping in bed with the UN? Or having business dealings with the American military?

I could go on and on, but my point is this: even if the date is correct (which it isn't) that doesn't mean that Jehovah's Witnesses are the one true religon to the exclusion of the rest of the world. Everything the Witnesses are about today screams a betrayal of the very foundations of Jesus Christ's teachings; namely LOVE. Christians have only two commandmants; love you God and love your neighbor. Everything else in life falls into place if a Christian practices those two laws. If anything, Jehovah's Witnesses would fit in more with the parable of the 10 virgins, only they would be the ones asleep. As The Man said: they are arrogant, hypocritical and a whitwashed grave, full of dead mean's bones.

This whole business of the date of Armageddon is nothing but a red herring. To me it is irrelevent if it comes tomorrow or 1,000 years from now. I believe my responsbility before my God is to live my life to the best of my ability by the teachings Jesus himself laid out. When, or if, God decides to step in and end this world is his business. Not mine. And when I die, I will be held accountable to my God for the gifts I gave to those around me and the mistakes I made in my life. Just my opinion.

• Berean
    Berean

I am looking forward to 2005 as a time to drink lifes waters free. A time free of burden, no toil without benefit. Yes, a glorious time without pain, leaping like a stag, no tears, crying, YES. . . MY CAR WILL BE PAID OFF!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit