Why are you looking forward to 2005?

by Nowhere 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nowhere
    Nowhere

Anyone heard anyting of 2005? I've spoken to some witnesses here, who are really worried about 2005. They say it was pretty obvious at the last convention, that the world may end in 2005. Because of 1975 and the fact that Jesus was 30 years old, the last time he preached on earth...

What have I missed?

• Funchback
    Funchback

I attended the last convention and I don't recall such a thing.

Then again, it's not like I was paying attention to anything. Still, I think I would've caught something like that.

• Reborn2002
  • RandomTask
    RandomTask

Well sometimes Jehovah's "united" organization ain't so united. Some old skool DO or CO can usually take some license, although most of the talks at the conventions are scripted.

I chalk it up as another example of desperation within the org, I mean most dubs were promised that they would "probably" never grow old and here it is, 10, 20, 30, 40! years later and no armageddon. They start to worry and read things into whats not really being said, or maybe whats subtly being said because what you hear from the platform is basically as good as the word of God, right?

I remember some elders telling me when I was younger to watch out for 1994 because it would be 80 years since 1914. Mind you, you never heard this officially, but we all wanted to think we were wasting our lives for something. I just pity those who have been wasting their whole lives as slaves to this organization who have died, or are close to dying. They have nothing to show for it!

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Personally, I don't know what "new date" the JW's have come up. No doubt, it's yet another ploy to keep everyone scarred out of their wits, clinging to the Borg Mother with all their might.

I have done much research myself, and there is a date that keeps coming up, and that is 2012. From everything I've heard, there will be great changes that come to us then. The age of technology will have fizzled to a halt as well.

However, I don't believe this event will be Armageddon. (I think perhaps that Armageddon has come and gone already.) This new event will be a very good thing for the entire universe, and you can certainly believe that it has nothing to do with saving all the JW's and destroying everyone else.

In my research of the Mayans, where our calendar originated, they have a prediction for 2012. Quite interesting. Other more scientific evidence as well from modern areas, and also the predictions of prophets like Edgar Cayce, also show the year 2012 as significant.

I suppose "time will tell". Looks like the majority of us will be around here then.

Sentinel/Karen

• showme
    showme

Sentinel
    What did the Mayans predict for that Year? How about Cayce? Sounds interesting.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Anyone heard anyting of 2005? I've spoken to some witnesses here, who are really worried about 2005. They say it was pretty obvious at the last convention, that the world may end in 2005. Because of 1975 and the fact that Jesus was 30 years old, the last time he preached on earth...

What have I missed?

As long as you or anyone continues to pay attention to these ludicrous dates you will always MISS!

When will you learn?

Then end is NOT 2005 people. duh............The end is a secrete!!

• Nowhere
    Nowhere

wow, you must be a genius plmkrzy...

My personal thougt is that armageddon will never happen, because if there is a God, he doesn't care about his creation.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

2005 = the release of Star Wars: Episode III. The end of the Star Wars films...no more Star Wars after that. Maybe the JW was confused. ;-)

• jack2
    jack2

One jw I know has this calculation:

1975 - 6000 yrs since man created

add 30 yrs for Adam to be left alone (and thus become an "adult" in the Hebrew sense of the word) in Garden of Eden before Eve is created and God's creative works end

thus bringing you to 2005

Frankly, I would think that if Jesus said 'at a time that you do not think to be it, the Son of Man is coming' and 'no one knows the day or the hour' then that means that no one can calculate that day and hour.

Edited by - jack2 on 23 September 2002 14:4:26

Edited by - jack2 on 23 September 2002 14:4:52

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit