England 2 Finland 1 !!!... World cup next???

by digderidoo 17 Replies latest jw friends

• jelly
    jelly

This post must be about soccor, that wierd sport that no one in America understands.

Now football there is a sport, the strategy of chess coupled with the ferocity of nature and the grace of ballet.

Jelly (Go Steelers)

• JanH
    JanH
    Now football there is a sport, the strategy of chess coupled with the ferocity of nature and the grace of ballet.

It must be something wrong with the language over there... Why call something football that is about people holding and throwing a ball with their hands?

Besides, helmets and shoulderpads is for wuzzies. American "football" is just a perversion of Rugby, a real sport. I guess you made it like that to leave room for all teh advertising breaks. The whole game is a single long transmission of TV ads punctuated by short spurts of 5 second action (at most!).

- Jan

• JanH
    JanH
    Is the dream of a repeat of 1966 possible???

English football will only recover when you forget all about 1966. the whole tragedy of English national football is that the English live in their delusions of grandiour and 1966-paradise lost. And every manager who doesn't live up to this fantasy is sacked as soon as he loses a game. This will, I'm afraid, happen to this Swede as well.

You're one of the nations in the world that can do very well on a good day. As long as you change your expectations accordingly, you'll be able to play well, enjoy the good games (like against Spain) and try to forget about the bad ones just like everybody else has to do. Until you do that, I'm afraid the national side has nothing but disappointments to offer for the future.

- Jan

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Respect to janh....i hear you...

• jelly
    jelly

'WUZZIES'????

What’s a wuzzie is it some kind of marsupial? Do they bite?

Any way I can assure football is not a game for wussies, matter of fact they are thinking or redesigning the helmet because so many QB's are getting brain damage.
    And unlike soccer at least football has some action and anyway jan some of the best things in life can be accomplished in 5 second spurts of action.

Jelly

• JanH
    JanH

: Any way I can assure football is not a game for wussies, matter of fact they are thinking or redesigning the helmet because so many QB's are getting brain damage.

I have another theory about that brain damage...

: And unlike soccer at least football has some action

Football -- what merkins call soccer -- actually has 90 minutes of action.

: and anyway jan some of the best things in life can be accomplished in 5 second spurts of action.

5 seconds? Sheesh. No wonder American women turns to European men

- Jan

• joelbear
    joelbear

soccer players are too skinny, i prefer rugby

hugs

Joel

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Roll on Wednesday...

Share this

Google+