England 2 Finland 1 !!!... World cup next???

by digderidoo 17 Replies latest jw friends

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Sorry...i know this isn't witness related, but all of us englishmen have to stick together on this one!...This subject has to be more important than anything witness related.

What a result!!!...So are we gonna do it???

Is the dream of a repeat of 1966 possible???

To win the world cup ... The only thing to come near to that would surely would be if Wolves were to win the European Cup

So come then fellow football fans are we gonna do it?

• Simon
    Simon

If City can stay in the premiership then I'm sure anything will be possible
    C'mon, get real...we've only won a couple of matches and not major teams yet. Things have definitely improved though because not tool long ago we would definitely have lost even them...

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Don't worry simon...i firmly have my feet on the ground...but i can still dream can't i?

• Blackcat
    Blackcat

you,ve got to be joking.....england are 5yrs behind the top countries in europe.a bit like wolves...going nowhere!!!!! follow the red and whites and you might be saved....from more misery! sunderland for europe!!!

• Gianluca
    Gianluca

I'm afraid that England winning the next world cup will remain a dream ...... because Italy will be the 2002 World Champion!!

FORZA ITALIA!!!

Ciao
    Gianluca

• logical
    logical

I think that the Coventry City B team will win the World Cup

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Of course we're going to win the World Cup!

Get Andy Cole off, he couldn't finish a yoghurt in an England shirt. Bring on Hesky!

We can't take the piss out of the French anymore until we win it again!

What part of London is Sven Goran Eriksonn from, anyway?

Expatbrit

• Englishman
    Englishman

Dig,

This is a weird post to deal with!

Because:

(a) We are blessed with the richest and most succesful clubs in the world.

(b) Our National side is about on a par with, say, Leicester City.

SO: I say, keep Seaman in goal, bin Neville, put Beckham and Owen in partnership with Owen running from midfield towards Fowler on the left wing and wave a permanent goodbye to Andy Cole!

Englishman, who remembers Elkie Brooks singing: "Earls a winger, who once had a trial with Tranmere Rovers."

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I'm with expat on this one...Heskey as the target man from Beckhams crosses...to link up with owen

Digs team as follows

Martyn in goal----Seaman did have a good game but he's not consistent enough.

Three Central defenders would be ideal,with the abscence of Adamas we seem to have lost the ability to play a flat back four, however with no decent wing backs we have no choice but to play a flat four with Neville (sorry expat...we're all allowed one mistake in life aren't we?), Campbell, Ferdinand, Powell

Midfield....Beckham to run down the right flank, crossing into Heskey, this will work with the lowly teams, such as Albania, but against a good defence like France, he will have to cut in to Scholes. Against a good team, play Butt as an anchor man, lowly team Gerrard to link up with Scholes and two front runners. Scoles as an attacking midfielder...scare the s**t outta the defence by running into the box. Mcmannaman out on left...cutting into the field...he doesn't play well as an out and out winger.

Front two......Heskey as a target man, to hold up the ball while others run in. Owen..need i say anymore???

There we have it!!! The world cup is in our grasp!!!...just give me the job...any one want to be my right hand man after i get the phone call from the FA??

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I'm confused! How come we have a guy with an aussie name ('didgeridoo') posting from England and going on about English soccer? Did you colonialists capture some aboriginals on your last trip here?

Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit