CO's and DO's meeting in the UK

by Jim Dee 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim Dee
    Jim Dee

At the risk of being called a "Troll" again , I will share just one of the items discussed at the CO's and DO's emergency meeting

So as not to be doubted, this is to be covered at most/all of the CO's and DO's visits over the next 6 months in the UK.

The society is concerned about the level of waste and expense caused by excess WT and AWAKEs being ordered by the Brothers and Sisters which are then not put into the hands of the public

For example

Family of 4 orders 4 W/T and Aw - total 8 pairs of mags

3 Awakes get thrown (waste) and one Aw gets kept for file

Question, what is the correct amount of magazines you can order without incurring waste. Society estimate that 15 mags are wasted per family per month. Think of that across the circuit, district, nationally. and globally

Are we "treasuring the things of Jehovah?" If not why not.

Jim

• metatron
    metatron

Excellent, if true.

They are s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d very thinly across the world - a classic case
    of "imperial overstretch" if there ever was one - ripe for collapse!

They argue about pennies while potential lawsuits threaten their whole existence.
    What fools! Trying to micromanage their decline while the organization
    stampedes into ruin!

By the way, over at channelc, there's a rumor they're asking retired C.O.'s
    to come back and serve again. Not enough suckers want the itinerant life, I
    guess.

metatron

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Thank You Jim,

As a character on a hilarious comedy show, 'The Vicar Of Dibley' once said, "I prefer the Daily Telegraph, it is much softer".

Best regards - HS

• blondie
    blondie

I can see the importance

Wasted magazines = a lot of money

Wasted lives through child abuse = diddlysquat

• Englishman
    Englishman

Indeed it is HS, us builder types are lucky if we have half a brick.

Englishman.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I was at my mums the other day. The KM was on the table and so I read it {god knows why, I didn't read the things while I was a dub, lord knows why I read them know...] anyway, the front page had an article about the same subject.

Could it be that they are starting to loose money over it? What a wonderful idea....

• Larry
    Larry

Jim - Always thankful for the insight in the BORG - Thanks.

Your post reminds me of when I was a Dub, and one of the worst things I could possibly see was a WT / Awake deposited in the trash can, or lying on the street in a puddle of water. Oh, it just killed me to see such a wasted 'treasure.' However, at this point in time, It's a beautiful thing to see a WT / Awake littering the ground.

It also reminds me how the pioneers whould proudly display their huge mag order in the K-Hall. I mean, they could have put the mags (20/20 - 30/30) in their bags, but they had to carry it in their arms. Oh, I thought they were sooo spiritual.

The BORG would save millions by just putting the mags on-line.

Peace - LL

• Bodhisattva
    Bodhisattva

I've been saving the WTS a lot of money the last couple years.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I made a wonderful donation some years back in my apartment dumpster.

I used to have those magazines in my bookcase in chronological order. How anal is that?

• Mary
    Mary

This is considered an "emergency meeting"? Gimme a break.............they should have known that they were going to lose alot of $$$ when they went to the "donation" method in order to avoid paying taxes. Witnesses are notoriously cheap and most don't put anything in the contribution box when they get their literature........

And considering the monumental problem they have regarding pedophiles and lawsuits, I think they've shown once again that they've got their priorities totally screwed up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit