WT Oct 1-nothing has changed in the past 15 years

by refiners fire 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

My old mate Barry Smith made an interesting comment back in May.... when he was still alive! .

well I certainly hope he was alive when he commented!! If he WASNT we better join his cult QUICK PRONTO!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Unfortunately he continues to haunt me from the grave. I still can't believe this (I've posted it before) from his website:

Barry R Smith - Funeral Video
    Many people could not attend the funeral service for Barry held in Blenheim, New Zealand on the 11 July 2002 and requested that we video it. Subsequently we have made a professional 3 hour video, which includes tributes to Barry, the preacher, father and friend. Also included is a special 20 minute montage of photo's and video clips of Barry's unique life. This was not a time of mourning, this was a celebration of an extraordinary life.

For the small sum of NZ$19.95, yet!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Who gets the royalties I wonder? Does he have an organisation bearing his name?

Reminiscent of CT Russell and the "Studies in the Scriptures", eh?

Cheers, Ozzie

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

The family business is called International Support Ministries. Apparently the family have decided that an inconvenience such as the death of the main purveyor of "information" for that ministry isnot enough to stop them from pursuing what is obviously a cozy little set-up. I found out today that I need to renew my subscription to the Omega Times to be able to continue to read their gems of wisdom; it just ain't the same without Barry, I'm afraid!

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

He should have done a Lyndon Larouche. Trained his missus to take over the throne after he Karked it.

Or a Lloyd Longfield.Who is busy publicly bestowing the mantle of succession onto his son.

It looks like God still operates thru familial bloodlines after all!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Barry's son Andrew has tried gallantly to fill his dad's shoes, but unless he gets out and does the legwork - the preaching to keep a public profile, and the investigating of possible leads to his conspiracy theories, then it will all come apart at some stage. They've even resorted to reproducing chunks of Barry's books as articles. I can't see why they need to - Barry was known to have been working on a new book - why aren't they releasing his work to date in serial form? I'll be interested to see what the face of International Support Ministries will be like this time next year, or if it will even be still around...

• minimus
    minimus

Nothing has changed in the last how many years???

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

This October 1 WT is full of interesting little things.

Someone give me a take on this one, page 18:

"When Jesus ascended to heaven, he did not immediately take up the sceptre of ruler ship..However, he DID recieve a KINGDOM , with subjects that obeyed him."....

Jesus was raised in 33ce, right?. And he took up the "sceptre" in 1914. So what the hell "Kingdom" did he recieve in 33ce?? Thats what the passage implies. The next sentence confirms my understanding of it:

...." THe Apostle Paul identified that Kingdom, when he wrote: 'God delivered us from the authority of the darkness,into the kingdom of the Son of His love'. This deliverance began at Pentecost 33ce"

How could Jesus recieve a "kingdom" in 33ce when the subjects of that Kingdom werent RESSURECTED into it until 1918, After he took up the "sceptre" of Kingship in 1914? What the hell are they talking about?? Sounds like a BULLSHIT, PSEUDO, "33CE Kingdom" to me.....

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Oh, by the way. Ive always been of the understanding that PENTECOST was in 36 CE , not in 33.

Am I right or wrong??

• Darkhorse
    Darkhorse

Uh oh, looks like me of the "worldly variety" is still a Jezebel and unclean (geez, I take a shower daily - don't see what's the problem).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit