Silent Witnesses: The fallout begins!

by ozziepost 13 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Strange things are happening here in Oz after the "Silent Witnesses" was seen on the Sunday programme today.

Long-serving elders here in Oz are getting unsettled already it seems. Without compromising certain individuals, we can say that phone calls to certain participants are being received. Very, very interesting! Quite surprising just who!

"The Lord works in mysterious ways"!

Cheers, Ozzie

Edited by - ozziepost on 22 September 2002 8:1:34

• TTBoy
    TTBoy

Maybe it was my e-mails to each and every gov. person on the list that was posted on the other thread. I wish..but I doubt they work on sunday.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I'm talking long-tem elders, TTBoy!!!

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Ozzie,

I just wanted to thank you for putting in work behind that show. I personally don't have contact with any victims of sexual abuse, and so I wonder about being 'cold' r distant to it all - but I do know that I want to inform the world of the risk that they may be 'getting into bed' with liars. After that, I should say that many abuse problems will be dealt with appropriately.

Thanking you,

paduan

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Paduan,

Thanks for your warm comments. It's appreciated.

I think that if exDubs who were formerly elders are honest, many of them will have "skeletons in the closet", so to speak i.e. if you've been a long-serving elder, chances are you've "dealt" with child-abuse cases. It doesn't take too much to speak of the details. The courage is shown by those "on-camera". Those former elders who spoke on-camera today had lost everything (well, not everything, but much!) initially as a result of their stand. They are to be given "double honour".

Cheers, Ozzie

• TTBoy
    TTBoy

Thx to Oz and all those who played a part in this. I hope some long-time elders DO wake up. Great job!

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Ozzie, it's good to see them scurm!!!! If this doesn't open peoples eyes, then I don't know what will!!!! I sent some emails to my non j.w. siblins telling them about Silentlambs. I'm sure it went through my family like a wild fire! Dissapointingly no one wants to inquire about it to me. I was surprised how offencive they all have seemed to take it. I had one brother that email me and told me to stop sending him things that were against Jehovah's Witness!!!! *He's been d.f.ed for years!!! Can you believe it! My other siblins are avoiding me like the pleage. I swear, I think, they think, if they say anything negitive about the org, they would be showing disrespect to my deceased mother. For the life of me, I do NOT understand why they wont open their eyes and see the WTS for what it really is! In stead I feel they think I'm trying to start trouble or something within the family. I simple wanted my family to be aware of the abuse that was going on in the congergation. I don't know why it's so hard for them to see, hell, they know that I experienced it first hand from my first husband and nothing was EVER done about it.

Let the fallout begin!!!!!!!!! I'm ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Tink...no more caffeine for YOU girl! LOL!!

• Jang
    Jang

'Tis not only those who were on the show who have been getting calls today .... Seems that some who are victims have been getting called up and told they had better not have any part in going to the media or talking to any of us "apostate liars" ......

One of the victims contacted today asked what lies were told on the show and was simply told "it was just all lies" .... she then reaponded with "just like the lies about what happened to me I suppose? " at which this loving parent hung up the phone. This case is one where the mother actually caught the molester doing his stuff and now will not support the daughter at all ..... they would not believe when they were caught that it had been happening for 4 years! Guess who got the blame !!!!!??? the 11 year old girl!!!! Maybe the next program should show the faces of some of these wonderful parents at the same time as the molesters if they support the molester so much!!!!

Feeling rather agro tonight!!

JanG

• freeman
    freeman

Glad to hear it is shaking things up. Any chance of getting this program as a video file on the net, maybe putting it up on kazza as an avi or mpeg? I myself know many people in the states that need to see this also a copy to Bill Bowen would be a great idea too.

Freeman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit