Just received a visit from 2 Elders

by Driving Force 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Driving Force - you did something which I've promised Mrs Searcher I'll never do - allow two elders into our home at the same time!

I'm very prepared to deal with any ambush attempt by the "two witnesses."

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Searcher
    I only let them in because they were not from my (ex)congregation.

Heaven / Punk

I did say the every convention is better than the one before, and you can guess the answer, "But this one really was".

galaxie

I know what you mean, I fell for that too.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Galaxie has it right. I remember the George w. Bush years, when Cheney and Rumsfeld so effectively used fear to rally America behind them. People in the Midwest were taping up their windows to keep themselves safe from weapons of mass destruction. People were so scared, they didn't question the invading of Iraq, even tho it had nothing to do with 9/11. Fear allowed Bush to do anything he wanted. Fear is a very effective tool. I'm sure we'll be seeing the society use more of it in the years ahead to distract their ranks from facts and keep them engaged.
  • CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda

Preparing them for persecution? Surely a sign of the "nearness" of the end, right? Yeah they said the exact same thing back in 1979 and the 1980s. My favorite self-deception lie from back then along these lines was: "The increased activity is a sign the end is near." That was 35 or more years ago.

And every convention was always "the best one yet," that is what we always said back in those days too.

That generation of elders and Governing Body members who said such thing to me back then have died. They did not live to see the end, and the current Governing Body seems to have erased all the "insights from Jehovah" that the previous Governing Body received from heaven that "proved" we had the Truth.

The fact they are repeating the same things today shows they will end up as dead as the previous elders who taught me that as a child.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Court settlements, having the tax-exempt status come under review, and paying back Caeser's things to Caeser constitutes "persecution"?

• username
    username

The so called persecution will be a direct result of the watchtower and it's ramping up of hate speech that is currently happening.

The watchtower are just about throwing everybody under the bus at the moment, I have a sneaky suspicion that the watchtower could be making waves deliberately.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

username, chaos is the ultimate tool for stepping in and taking total control.

The WT ( without the R&F noticing it is indeed the WT behind the chaos) creating chaos in the R&F and then "rescuing" with order and promises, will then produce even stronger believers then before.

This is a theory spelled out in the ideas of Saul Alinsky. Though his are theories are of governmental organizational control, with the WT it is religious organizational control, and the same basic theory applies.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Geez, all the conventions I ever attended were also the best conventions ever!

And persecution will occur!! :/

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

If anyone creates enough crap (like rutherford did) sure you're going to get negative attention. Persecution is a word used loosely to to hide the fact you are annoying and obnoxious.

I can't believe that '2 elders' have not visited me yet. I went from elder to inactive in about 2 years. Me thinks that they may shy away because I was never one to follow the crowd in the boe meetings. I almost always had a contrary thought or 2 to get the elders to think about what the bible said and not what the fds said. When child baptism came up I always mentioned that the bible said NOTHING about children or even youths being baptized. Acts talked about both "men and women" being baptized after they had gone over exactly NO QUESTIONS in order to QUALIFY for baptism.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    Know what I've always thought? They bring the "persecution" (actually, critical thinking) upon themselves by being such vocal and visual azzholes. Going around, professing to the be "only true religion", then ramming falsehoods and unwritten rules down everyone's throats. No wonder they are being "persecuted", they're bringing it on themselves, what little of it it exists as 99.99% of the population doesn't give a sh*t about them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit