BadJerry,

Thanks, I sent you an email.....

-LD

• Mac
    Mac

yes

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Yes, I do. I learned how to do it a long time ago from a good therapist, but it's one of those things we tend to "put on the back burner" of our lives. We get busy, we forget.

Proper meditation incorporates proper breathing, which gives more oxygen to the main organs of the body, including the brain.

Sometimes, I believe we breathe so incorrectly most of the time, that our poor brains are having a difficult time. We become sluggish, morose and depressed. We have anxiety attacks.

Meditation is something as important as brushing our teeth every day. We really all should take dvantage of it's healing powers. If the schools incorporated meditation every morning before students raced through their day, everyone would be rejuvinated.

Sentinel/Karen

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Yes, when I get extremely stressed. Using the mind to focus on the breath is very relaxing and it helps improve your concentration.

It works so much better than a pill....

• Introspection
    Introspection

There is a difference between meditation and stress reduction techniques, which can often be modeled after and even called a type of meditation. Nothing wrong with those, but meditation was not originally designed with this in mind, and sometimes you might have the side effect of seeing the truth about something that you don't want to see. (be careful here or rather be honest, as many of us know this can be a devastating experience) Of course, ultimately true meditation is not a separate practice but just a way or the way of life. Real meditation is something like an accepting attitude, whatever that arises, even if it is bad posture, bad breathing or some emotion we categorize as negative, it is allowed to be experienced rather than pushing it away or using some kind of mind trick to get rid of it. So in fact, meditation doesn't get rid of any of these experiences, (if we're talking about the basic core that is essential to any technique that can be really called meditation) you're just not bothered by them. You may still experience pain, but you don't suffer from it. If your goal is only to get relaxed, kick in the parasympathetic nervous system and get rid of stress and be healthier, then there are plenty of other things you can do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit