DO YOU FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF?

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

I am very happy with myself. There are a few things in my life that I would like to change that I am working on. There is always room for improvement, but as far as myself and the person that I am...I'd have to say yes, I am very happy.

I also like to read self-help books as I find I learn a lot of good information from them and they help to tune into what's really important in my life. I like to feel that I can also be a friend to others and help them if I can....this makes me feel more of a valuable person. If I can help people feel better about themselves and put a smile on someone's face...then I feel I have succeeded.

• Swan
    Swan

For the most part

YES!

but I do have my bad days due to some clinical depression. I have to take my meds every day. If I don't, I notice a really big difference.

On a scale from 1 to 10, back when I was a dub and before I sought treatment for my medical condition, I was about a 2. Now, I'm an 8. Some days I wake up and can't believe how happy I am. I never ever imagined it could be this good.

Tammy

• minimus
    minimus

I FEEL GOOD......AS GOOD AS I SHOULD NOW....wasn't that James Brown? I really enjoyed the positiveness of these answers. So many here have such depth and appreciation for what life is truly all about! I generally am a very upbeat, positive person. I have a good sense of humor and I appreciate life......If any have some good self help books to suggest,I'd appreciate hearing it.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

You know, the very first "self help" book I picked up, while still trying to "fade", was the paperback called "I'm Okay, You're Okay". That book was devoured. I've had it for some thirty years, and have refered back to it on many occasions!

I have quite a library of books. I will have to make a list of them and post them later. They are like my "dear friends", always there to lend a supportive "word" or "suggestion", or give some "strong advice". I've felt more comfortable reading these books, than I ever did reading the WT literature.

Sentinel

• dsgal
    dsgal

I feel great about myself.Now that I am out of the Borg I am slowly but surely regaining my self esteem .I am able to enjoy life now without guilt.

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

With me, it is up and down, when depressed, really down, really bad. When I have a good day, I feel really good.

When down, I just want to run away and hide, close curtains, talk to no one, answer no phone calls, go to bed and sleep it off.

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

((((Karen)))) That was my first self-help book, too! Another book I read was, Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway. That's a really good concept and I apply it often.

((((Bay)))) There are many things in my life I am grateful for and there are people that I feel honored to know, but there is this gloom deep in my gut that doesn't go away. It's just there, part of me. That doesn't mean I don't smile and laugh a lot though. I've learned to live with the sadness and can deal with it most of the time. When I can't, I have to get through it. It gets so bad that all I think about is dying. What I've learned over the years, though, is that the mood does lift eventually and I am always happy that I am still alive.

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

Yeppers, Floppy, I'm the same way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit