DO YOU FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF?

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Are you pretty much satisfied with yourself or do you feel unhappy, as a rule?

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

Nah, I rarely feel good about myself. I guess the depression and low self-esteem get in the way. This is how I've been since birth...my mom said that I was a Wednesday's Child, full of woe.

There are times when I am really happy and enjoy the people I am around. I love to have fun and play (probably the manic side of me). I don't know if that means I'm feeling good about myself, though.

• Amazing
    Amazing

I feel okay about myself ... good about some successes, and pissed about some failures ... all in all things are okay ... I get depressed some days ... and other days I feel really good and enjoy it while I can ... free of guilt, doubt, or fear ... my only real concern right now is finding a way to get my by-pass operation soon so that I don't die within a year. But other than that, things are great.

• minimus
    minimus

Amazing, take care! I enjoy your reflections.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi Minimus,

Generally speaking, I feel good about myself!

((((Amazing))))

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

My biggest enemy is myself.

I have a difficult time accepting that people like me or love me, as I feel very unworthy.

At the same time, I crave love and attention, because I am like a dry sponge to water.

Life has been extremely difficult for me until the year 2000. I was tired of just "existing" and still "feeling" the residual proddings of the JW warnings of death and destruction at Armageddon. They were out of my life, but not out of my mind. I still lived with so much guilt and low self-esteem, which I wanted so desperately to be free of. Other people cannot give these things to you, you have to find a way to bring them into your life.

I went to a good counselor, and began to read some excellent self-help books. I actually "retrained" my responses to certain simuli. Things began to change when I began to change. It was like a maricle for me. The huge weight of the JW borg slipped off my shoulders and it felt so good. Other areas of my life began to come into place. When I had my epiphany earlier this year, I was brought to a very peaceful and good place. At 55, I finally recognized what true joy and happiness was. The deep down, in your heart and mind kind.

Life will never be perfect. I am still damaged. I still have to work on maintaining what I have worked so hard to achieve. But, yes, even though there are many regrets, and things I cannot change, I do feel good about myself.

Sentinel/Karen

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

I FEEL quite OK about LINDA LOU and most of my lifes choices I can live with that and can look in the mirror and say LINDA you are okay not perfect BUT shit but I can live with that too..IT IS OTHER FOLKS be they rich or poor that I have a problem with most of the time and I constantly have to remind myslf that is them and not me....((((HUGS))))) QUEENIE

• Europe
    Europe

And what about you Minimus?? How do you feel yourself???

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Yep! I've come a looooong way baby

Minimus - I've concluded that you are a question factory and that you are obsessed with CAPS

(Joy just might have to hurt you dude! )

hugs,

Mimilly

• Crystal
    Crystal

I feel great about myself because I choose to see the good side of everything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit