HAS THIS PLACE HELPED YOU?

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

I got to see the serious damage this org. has inflicted on people searching for the truth besides myself. So, I'm not alone.

Guest 77

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

i can't even imagine what things would be like now without the wonderful friends i've made here. not only the ones who i only 'talk' to through post and chat, but also the ones i've gotten to meet through apostafests. it's very refreshing to finally meet people who really know where you're coming from and understand how you feel.

• COMF
    COMF

Yeah, it has a good influence on me most of the time. Of course, I started doing this in January 1997 on H2O, so I'd had time and exposure enough to do a lot of benefitting already before I came here about 1 1/2 years ago. But I'll take the question in its broader sense, "Have places and activities like this helped you?"

Yes. Immeasurably. My life, attitude and outlook are much better for the time I've spent here. Much better.

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

This site saved my life - literally, and for the first time in over a decade - I found friends who've become family to me who can actually understand what the whole JW experience has been like.

IF there was such a thing as the 'truth' - I would say that this is it in action. We talk, vent, cry, laugh, joke, share, rejoice, support, reach out, get angry and then make up. All through it there is respect that each has a right to their opinion and voice. We're encouraged and challenged by each other. We are strengthened and supported by one another. I believe this is as close to 'perfect' as it gets. And when someone is hurting, lonely, ill - those here don't hesitate to go the extra mile. This is why I call this place 'home'.

Has this place helped me? More than I could ever describe.

hugs,

Mimilly

• stichione
    stichione

Yes it has. I lurked here for about a year before deciding to join as a member and share my thoughts. I find this place invigorating and visit it every day!

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

Mimilly I sure hope queenie is one of those that you not only call a friend but have adopted me AS A FAMILY TOO a COUSIN MAYBE ???? queenie (((((((hugs))))) ALL AROUND

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Queenie - You are a friend AND family.

Mimilly

• Quotes
    Quotes

After leaving, I felt somewhat alone. I knew there were many more like me, peers I could relate to. I had read Penton's and Franz's books, so I knew there were others out there, that there was life after Watchtower.

Having finally met my peers on this forum, I am living a GREAT LIFE after Watchtower. I have met new friends right here in town. This forum allowed that.

Thank you Simon, for your ongoing effort here!

• OHappyDay
    OHappyDay

Yes. It's a shame the governing body does not sponsor a place where Witnesses can really say what is on their mind without the danger of shunning and disfellowshipping. Few will venture to speak truth when there are severe penalties to pay. But without the truth, what is the purpose of a religion's existence?

• bay64me
    bay64me

Yes, I enjoy coming here. This place has given me a sense of perspective outside the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit