HAS THIS PLACE HELPED YOU?

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Since so many post and chat here,and most here do not go to meetings, have you found this board to be a place that can help and refresh you?

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

Yes, it has helped me. On the positive side, I have found it to be a place where there is love, concern and intelligence. Although there are people here who are troll-like or egotistical, I have learned how to not let them get to me, so I have grown. Either way, it's been a good experience. My writing abilities have improved, too!

• Amazing
    Amazing

Yes, I have been entertained, helped, learned a lot, and experienced many good things ... mostly building new friendships ... I hope that I have given back as much.

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

Ditto what Amazing said.

I remember some of my first post. In it I said "one problem is I still believe a lot of their doctrines."

No more.

Seeing the doctrinal changes, the UN materials, learning about Silentlambs, some of the Questions from Readers and the answers received, have changed me deeply. Before my attitude was one of "I might go back but right now it'd be out of fear of Armageddon, not repentance." Now, I'd never want to go back.

• Matty
    Matty

As someone who is still an active publisher I find this place an oasis of sanity from my crazy Witness world.

Has it helped me? I was in a state of hopeless desolation earlier this year. This site, the people I've met from here, have literally saved my life.

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

YES IT HAS HELPED ME in so many ways to numerous to mention...PROGRESS not PERFECTION guys....((((HUGS)))) QUEENIE

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I've learned a lot here, and my once-uncertain mind is now sure. This bird has flown the coop...you won't find her in any Kingdom cage anymore.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

It's been a really great place to visit. If I were in a "crowd" of people, I would tend to be more quiet, but on here, I can "speak out". I'm given the opportunity to express my thoughts, opinions, questions and concerns. I don't have to try to "take my turn" in conversation--you know, try to find an opening to slip a thought in.

I have made some new friends and enjoy reading posts and threads.

Happy to be here,

Sentinel/Karen

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

yes this is a wonderful place to share, to laugh to console and have questions answered or vent anger, frustration. while we've met a couple of great people, someday we hope to meet more of you!!

• livingagain
    livingagain

Tremendously! This board has helped me to come alive. I don't post regular but I read your posts almost every day and feel I have a bond with you that I never had being JW. It seems so genuine here where as before it was like living in a fairy tale world where everything, every problem always ended "happily therafter," I was so sick and tired of reading those experiences in the mags, never reality, "Living Forever Was Just A Dream" because I never felt I could measure up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit