GENERATION OF 1914 - TIMELINE OF QUOTES

by UnDisfellowshipped 19 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

This is the type of info that Only a person who is willing to ask the hard questions are willing to do, but more importantly are willing to accept what the conclusions are

for many of us it was only when the wt time line of thier offficial statements and teachings wre laid out end to end as above did the light bulb go on

thanks for pulling all this stuff together

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Thank You all very much for your kind comments.

Sorry it has taken me so long to say that, I've just been so busy making all these Threads recently.

Also, BudLight, yes, DJ is correct about my User Name, "UnDisfellowshipped".

Here is the Thread where I got the User Name from: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=6247&site=3

I am very happy that all of the info I have posted on this Website has been helping everyone.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Also, below are the Watchtower Publications (since 1995) which do not even mention the 1914 Generation:

"Knowledge" Book

"What Does God Require Of Us?" Brochure

"Is There A Creator" Book

"Pay Attention To Daniel's Prophecy" Book

"Isaiah" Book 1

"Isaiah" Book 2

"Worship the Only True God" Book

"Draw Close To Jehovah" Book

I'm sure there are more.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

I just thought it might be helpful to bump this thread up at this particular time with the new light on Generation of 1914 (yet again).

For those of you who have not yet heard, the new teaching as of April 2010, is that the one generation spoken of by Jesus is actually made up of TWO overlapping generations of Anointed Ones. The first generation had to see the events of 1914. Then this generation will overlap with the SECOND generation which will be alive when the Great Tribulation begins.

They have stated that they had the wrong understanding in 1995. The generation is NOT the wicked people anymore.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Also marking for future reading and reference...

Thanks again, UnDisFellowShipped!!

• ziddina
    ziddina

From: The Watchtower November 1st 1995 Issue: paragraph 8...

"Is anything to be gained, then, by looking for dates or by speculating about the literal lifetime of a "generation"?

I often wonder why their tongues don't rot out of their mouths from the hypocrisy...

Zid

• rocketman
    rocketman

"In line with the above, professor of history Robert Wohl wrote in his book Th Generation of 1914: "A historical generation is not defined by its chronologic limits... It is not a zone of dates."

Where was this quote in prior years? The WTS is the one who turned it into a "zone of dates". Then all of a sudden they decide to quote Mr Wohl because his observation finally suited their purpose. Where was this quote when they were proclaiming that "This Generation" was confined to a 70-80 year period?

And...

"Is anything to be gained, then, by looking for dates or by speculating about the literal lifetime of a "generation"? Far from it!"

This quote from the 1995 article really gets me, just as it did 15 years ago. They basically yell "Far from it!" and yet THEY were the ones who, for so many years, were "looking for dates".

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Thanks for the information. It sure brings back memories. Unfortunately one witness recently told me that if only two jw from 1914 were alive when Armageddon comes, then the words of the WTS would be true. I am sure that many more than just 2 jw thought the end would have came by now.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

This is what the actual new Watchtower Study Article says about the New Generation. This will be "studied" at the Sunday Meeting today worldwide:

The Watchtower (Study Edition), April 15th, 2010 Issue, Pages 27-29:

"This magazine has long been used by “the faithful and discreet slave” as the primary channel for dispensing increased light. ... What does this explanation mean to us? Although we cannot measure the exact length of “this generation,” we do well to keep in mind several things about the word “generation”: It usually refers to people of varying ages whose lives overlap during a particular time period; it is not excessively long; and it has an end. (Ex. 1:6) How, then, are we to understand Jesus’ words about “this generation”? He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed who were on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation. That generation had a beginning, and it surely will have an end. The fulfillment of the various features of the sign clearly indicate that the tribulation must be near. By maintaining your sense of urgency and keeping on the watch, you show that you are keeping up with advancing light and following the leadings of holy spirit.—Mark 13:37."

• cantleave
    cantleave

Marking for future use.

TY Undisfellowshipped

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit