Celebration of Life

by livingagain 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• livingagain
    livingagain

I went to a funeral in a church this past weekend. The first time I have been in a church in 27 years, because of fear instilled by the WTBS. This was a dear friend of mine, she was well liked, many, many people at the funeral. I went in and sat with the family members during the service, I am so glad that I found this board because thanks to you I had the courage to go inside the church and CELEBRATE the life of my friend. It was not turned into some cold unfeeling witness for the family as JW's do at funerals. I have known these people for years and have tried to witness to them and they knew that I had in the past come only to the graveside of family and friends so I know they were surprised when I came inside, but they all hugged and made me feel welcome, no guilt trips. I thought that demons would be lurking out of the walls but no such thing, it was a wonderful service if it is allowed to say such, very moving,great singing and lively music, like the funerals in Louisiana. I am amazed everyday when I just take the time to notice and see that there are good people out there, glad my blinders are coming off. Thanks for letting me share this!

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Congratulations for posting, livingagain

I am amazed everyday when I just take the time to notice and see that there are good people out there, glad my blinders are coming off.

Amen!

I also like you name, livingagain. It h as meaning.

Hope to get to know you better.

Jst2laws

• little witch
    little witch

I am happy for you L.A.

I remember going to my great uncles funeral a few years back. He was a long time dub. And the entire service was nothing but chastisment to his non-believing children.... ''become dubs, or die'' was the most of it.

My grandfathers funeral was beautiful. He was a WW2 veteran. Gun salutes, folded flag presentation, and the most wonderful pastor, who played amazing grace, played guitar, and said a great eulogy.

• DJ
    DJ

Hi Living Again,

It's really nice to meet you. I can relate to your story. I am still finding that there are nice, decent, loving, warm, God fearing people in the world. They aren't jw's either. So amazing. I'm glad that you are out of the wt. Welcome. Love, dj

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Welcome! I love your name AND the subject you chose. I'm not/never been JW but sadly have family members in another state who are. My shock when at their own dad's (my brother's) funeral they stayed in the back of the church, protected by a glass wall...their own father's funeral! Thankfully, his 3 other children participated in the funeral service fully. It was a sad awakening to me to see first hand the control of the WTS cult.

I'm happy to know you are here and wish you well in your growth of REAL truth!

• Nikita
    Nikita

Welcome to the board livingagain!

I thought that demons would be lurking out of the walls but no such thing, it was a wonderful service

I felt the same way the first time I stepped into a church again!

Nikita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit