Once And For All

by OHappyDay 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

"... prove to yourself the good and acceptable and perfect will of God." -- Paul, Romans 12:2

I believe if you want to see people and organizations as they really are, you can. All it takes is an open mind and an open heart.

• DJ
    DJ

Hi Happy,

Yes, I have to agree with everything that you said. I also forgot to tell you that I think your father was a wise man who gave you wonderful advice. I have finally been given the understanding that following Jesus is not achievable by following the watchtower. It is a heavy burden and flip flops in rules while claiming to be the only organization that Jehovah guides is ludicrous now. I was fooled by their teachings for a very long time. Not quite as long as you but for twenty some years.When I read Matt 11:28-29 for the first time, I cried literally. It was at that moment when I really wanted to do just as Jesus said to do. I was concerned of course because I did not know how I could "come to him". I was taught that he was Michael the Archangel, so that belief caused me to be in a position of considering praying to an angel. I knew that was wrong. It would not be worshipping the true God if I prayed to someone else, would it? I was fearful, are you?

dj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit