There are days when I want to cry

and write "50 Years A Watchtower Slave."

There are days I want to try

to see what of it I can save.

Didn't listen to Dad who said,

"Son, Jehovah's OK

But watch out for those Witnesses."

Just Once and for All before life moves along

I'd like to know -- are they right or are they wrong?

• IronGland
    IronGland

dont quit your day job

• Fatal Error
    Fatal Error

I'd like to see you try

• Jesika
    Jesika

Nice poem. Chin up it will get better.

• DJ
    DJ

OHappy,

I can remember feeling the exact same way as you do now. I'm sorry, I know that's it's very hard. How long has it been since you've had doubts?? It takes time to deprogram your brain. Have you read any of Ray Franz's books? Start with "Crisis of Conscience" It will help you understand the inner workings. I will pray for you, if you'd like? Love, DJ

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Welcome OHappy Day !

So its been fifty years for you. We are still reeling from being duped for 30 years and we are in the process of compiling information (UN involvment, paedophiles within the cong. false prophecies and WT ownership of shares in Rand Cam engines) to show to elders who promised (weeks ago) to help us make sense of it all. We are still waiting for them!!!

The information that we need right now, is anything which may indicate the WT shareholders being Masons. There was a very good post from Gerard a few days ago, which got us thinking on this subject. Do you (or anyone else) know anything about this?

Your dad was right, keep with Jehovah, but watch out for the wolves within.

• Tower Man
    Tower Man

Hi Happy,

God is not surprised at all that you spent 50 years in the borg. In fact, He knew you would before He created you. Yes, He can turn those 50 years that you feel are wasted into many future years of plenty. There are many exJWs who found the real Jehovah and are now into an intimate & loving relationship with Him. They are stronger in their Christian walk BECAUSE of all those "wasted" years. God uses our bad decisions to strenghten us, draw us to Him and help us to grow, if we let Him.

Don't give up on God. "You will seek me & find me when you seek me with all your heart". Jer 29:13

We have audio files on our site. They are of exJWs who found the real Jehovah. You can listen to them on your computer. http://www.towertotruth.net Look for our audio page link at the top left.

Keep Searching for Him!

Tower Man

• OHappyDay
    OHappyDay

Thanx for the encouragement. No one likes to think of wasting 50 years on unfulfilled promises that never really were "right around the corner." I once thought that the older I got, the more certain I would get. Instead, the years have brought uncertainty.

But faith in God and Christ endures.

• DJ
    DJ

Hi Happy,

Me again. I'm glad to hear that youstill have faith! May I ask your opinion about 2 scriptures? The first is Matt 11:28 and the 2nd is John 5:39. I check back here a little later. It's the dinner rush...love, dj

• OHappyDay
    OHappyDay

Hello, DJ.

I agree that following Christ should bring refreshment, not a feeling of being burdened down. That's what the scribes and Pharisees did to people. I think we (Witnesses) have gone down a wrong road, with no one to bring us back but our individual selves. The leadership is only interested in the rigidity of tradition, not the refreshment and light load of Christ.

For any Witness who wants to be a Christian as outlined in the Bible there are tough days ahead. Those who should be moving us forward are holding us back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit