'Amazing', please answer........

by sf 10 Replies latest jw friends

• sf
    sf

Perhaps you've overlooked a question I've asked a couple of times in threads you are responding in:

Who receives these orders of video's? ('...LAST DAYS') Where are the shipped or mailed to? Kingdom halls and /or elders homes, directly? I have a very important reason in needing this knowledge. Thank you, in advance.

sKally

• sf
    sf

Or....

ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS THIS INFO.

Is it really that complex of a question or inquiry?

sKally

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Skally,

In my area all literature is delivered to an elders home.

IW

• sf
    sf

Ah, thank you IW. A reply, alas.

Now, so, to be clear, ALL literature and VIDEO'S, go to an elders home?

What is the age of the YOUNGEST ELDER(S) you know/ knew?

Please, this info is timely. I wish I could explain my necessities in the direness of my request, yet I cannot.

sKally

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Skally,

All literature (including videos) goes to an elder's home (or if need be a MS home) in my area. The literature (except for possibly KMs and of course correspondence from Brooklyn) comes on Bethel trucks and is delivered to the local Assembly Hall. From there it is distributed to the congregations. Correspondence of course is through the Post Office and I believe almost always goes to either the P.O. or the Secretary.

When the elder arrangement was first started I knew a few elders who when appointed were in their late twenties. I believe though that at some point after that the Society began to recommend that elders be at least 30 years old when appointed. I don't remember if this was "law" or just a recommendation.

IW

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi SF: Sorry to miss your question. I recall seeing it, but must have had a brain lapse. Anyway, ...

Who receives these orders of video's? ('...LAST DAYS')

Normally, JWs order them at the literature counter. The last I recall making orders was to the Watchtower at their Wallkill, Ney York address. You may be able to make orders through their web site at: http://www.watchtower.org/index.html And have the shipment sent directly to you. Myself, I would write to them and send a Money Order (not my personal check) and request ther video, and instructions to send it directly to you and see what they do.

Where are the shipped or mailed to? Kingdom halls and /or elders homes, directly?

When I was a JW, all literature orders were sent from the Society to a Distribution center and either mailed from there via USPS or shipped by common carrier or when close enough, our congregation would send a truck and pick up literature for a couple of congregations. The Society normally will not send shipments directly to the home of Elders, except that the Kingdom Ministry is send in bulk to the Presiding Overseer or the Congregation PO box. Sometimes in certain cases when releasing a special book, like they did the new Organization book, it was sent to the congregation PO directly. But this is rare.

I have a very important reason in needing this knowledge. Thank you, in advance.

I am curious to know what you reasons are. If you feel free to tell me, you can email me. It looks like others made some good comments ... but I figured I would give my long answer. I have not been a JW for 10 years ... so, things may have changed in how they do business. It used to be a lot easier for non-JWs to get literature ... but nowadays, most literature the public gets is through the door-to-door and Bible Study ministries.

What is the age of the YOUNGEST ELDER(S) you know/ knew?

The youngest Elder I personally knew was 23 years old when appointed. Though the Oral teaching has been to try and appoint men who are at least 30 years old or older.

The above comments by others indicate that Elders receive literature at an Elder's home. It was done this was in the 1960s and into the 1970s before they started using their own trucks and distribution warehouses ... I would say that in more remote rural areas one of the Elders may still get literature at his home ... but closer to major metropolitan areas, they will use the distribution centers. This of course is mostly the case in the USA where it is feasible ... in other countries things may operate differently. Hope that helps.

Edited by - Amazing on 20 September 2002 17:59:32

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

I remember sending for a small bible years ago, it was sent to me directly but the PO had also received notice that I ordered it and they were instructed to do a follow up visit.

maybe a post office box or work address would work better if you don't want them bothering you.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Hi Amazing,

The above comments by others indicate that Elders receive literature at an Elder's home. It was done this was in the 1960s and into the 1970s before they started using their own trucks and distribution warehouses

In my area the literature is delivered from the Assembly Hall to the congregation via an elder who has received delivery. In other words it is delivered to the elder's home by a brother.

IW

• sableindian
    sableindian

What kind of videos do Jehovah's Witnesses have. I live in a little town in Georgia. I NEVER see Jehovah's Witnesses. Where are they hiding. I just got here in June. But when I was in Texas...same story. Maybe it's too hot. Well, in the meantime maybe I can get answers from here.

Thx in advance

*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_:-.,_,.-:**:-.,_,.
    Qelilah Solomon
    *:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_:-.,_,.-:**:-.,_,.

• sf
    sf

Thank you, all!! I am able to use some of this info, of which Amazing, as I stated above, I simply cannot reliquish the reasons of my inquiries. Please understand.

Another question, if you will: Are elders, P.O.s CO.s D.O.s, accustomed to renting or leasing cars while traveling? Also, are elders teenage-college aged kids on these car leases?

Thanks again, in advance.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit