allow myself to introduce myself...

by No Apologies 35 Replies latest jw friends

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

long time lurker, first time poster. finally taking the plunge. I started reading here and other sites last summer, after years of declining 'spirituality'. Some of it was interesting, some was infuriating to a still somewhat loyal dub, but eventually most of it clicked and I wonder how I could have ever been so dumb.. Well you know what I mean.

Anyway enough about me. Just wanted to say hi for now.

ps. thanks to whoever scanned that WT cover. When I got that issue in the mail, my jaw just dropped. Is there no limit to their arrogance?!?!?

Edited by - No apologies on 20 September 2002 14:2:52

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Hello! Welcome!

[Waves]

• Funchback
    Funchback

I'm sorry, I'm not going to give you no apologies. Can you ever fogive me?

Anyway, welcome to the Board (as an offical poster).

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Hi! and welcome.

Since you have been lurking for such a time you must know this is a wonderul place.

Have fun and enjoy yourself here.

Hugs, Viv.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Welcome, No apols. Well i've got to abrieviate it some how!

Edited by - SpannerintheWorks on 20 September 2002 14:12:59

• Larry
    Larry

Nice to meet you - Welcome aboard :)

Peace - LL

• JT
    JT

welcome-

as i read your post i couldn't help but smile and think -

the same way that we became jw for the most part is how we have to leave

one step at a time

one lurks for awhile and then the day comes when one logs on and registered and leaves that first post

and the same way we many times felt that demons would jump our of our monitor for JUST BEING HERE then we find out that nothing happens,

then one post for the first time thinking

they can now track me, call my elders and have me dfed, mu wife and kids will never speak to me again

then one puts up that first post and then nothing happens, except for folks saying welcome

and from there it is on to a life of freedom, not so much in the sense of free love, drugs, sex and rock and roll, smile

but freedom from FEAR AND GUILT

and i feel i can speak for most and not be out of line, THERE IS NOTHING LIKE IT IN THE WORLD

as i often tell folks for the first time in my life and the life of my wife we can Lay around in bed on Sunday AM in our "DRAWERS" and read the Washington Post and not feel guilty

man i love this NET "THANG"

• Lin
    Lin

No Apologies, welcome to the board! Chime in anytime, anywhere!

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

hello and welcome !

I had come to this site right before sending in my DA letter. I probably would of left the borg earlier had I known now what I didn't know then. I guess it was listening to them say don't do this or else, and once I found one thing to be untrue then everything else out their mouths became questionable.

you say your sprituality was declining, maybe it is more of declining faith in the organization. One can become spiritualy stronger when their heart allows them to look deeper into what the bible really says. and having access to the internet is like eyes wide open !

Jackie

• DJ
    DJ

Hi and ((((((((((((WELCOME)))))))))))))))) = hugs.

As your are unraveling all of the false teachings, I hope that this place proves to speed your deprograming, so you don't have to go it alone, like I did at first. I agree with Jackie. Try not to throw out the baby with the dirty rotten stinkin' bathwater. There is truth to be found in Jesus not the wt. Just my $.02.

love, dj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit